Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2806750 - 03/01/15 05:00 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
pahntr760 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Osan, ROK
Funny...I went to Amazon and checked out Liquid Lanolin. The most common item bought WITH the lanolin is 99% Isopropyl Alcohol. I will be making some of this for large batch resizing.

#2829237 - 05/05/15 01:36 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
WVGuns Offline

Loc: Eastern Panhandle WV
Ive been using Marvel mystery oil for a few years now. I ran out of case lube and decided what the heck been using it ever since.

#2839405 - 06/16/15 10:01 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
GrubbyBoy Offline

Loc: NE Ohio
I use the lanolin spray with alcohol. I set out hundreds at a time on a towel, three squeezes, roll them around and let dry for 5 mins. Resize and done. Must easier than doing one at a time.

Best regards,

Grub

#2861691 - 09/15/15 08:07 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Happy Birthday hydehunter Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: South Dakota
I mixed up some and it worked great on my 223 brass then tried to size my 6.5-284 would not work wanted to stick the brass in the die so went back to imperial sizing wax,do not know why it would not work on the bigger brass?

#2869117 - 10/08/15 06:48 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
tred1956 Online
Die Hard Member

Loc: South Carolina
I am going to give this a try.
Thanks
Doug

#2895869 - 12/13/15 04:32 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: tred1956]
gwtx Offline

Loc: Republic of Texas
Then there is this post from another site:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293530

"Called RCBS again yesterday, and sent them an e-mail regarding the stuck .223. Explained that out of the thousands of rifle rounds I've loaded, the ONLY stuck cases I've had have been as of very recent--when I decided to give Imperial a try."

Here is the response from RCBS--

Quote:
Hi Jeff:
Return the die to us and we will remove the stuck case and replace any
damaged components. You want to avoid lube that is wax based or has any
wax products in the ingredients. 95% of the stuck cases we get back
here are due to wax based lube.

What happens is that the wax builds up inside the die and is like rubber
cement in there and the cases will get stuck every time. Your die is
under warranty and there is no problem sending it back to us. Have a
great day!

I think the biggest problem with any lube is using too much, and not keeping the dies clean. The Lee dies I have will sometimes "plug off" the vent hole with lube. I use the lanolin/alcohol diy stuff. Just my .02

#2896167 - 12/14/15 09:08 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Bernie P. Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: NY Adirondack Park
I watched the vid but I just dont get how the mix get's on all those cases and inside the case mouth.Is this good for full length or just neck sizing?

#2898915 - 12/19/15 12:15 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: Bernie P.]
john pruitt Offline
Predator Master

Loc: oklahoma usa
I use the alchol lanoiin spray it works for me and i full length size

#2917769 - 01/21/16 06:30 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Rimrock1 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: California
I don't know how many cases I have resized over the last 50 plus years using the wife's Crisco.

#2922981 - 01/30/16 03:12 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
cb4017 Offline

Loc: Nevada
I finally tried the home made lube. I used a bottle of Heet and one ounce of liquid lanolin. Today I FL sized some 7.62 cases and ran some 5.56 cases through a 6x45 SB die. It all worked great. I can not imagine buying commercial case lube again.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

#2934309 - 02/19/16 09:01 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Stob Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: VA
Lanolin is used when making your own bullets, usually a mixture of lanolin and caster oil. Berger I think uses only lanolin. Only about 2 grains of lube is used to core seat 1000 jackets. But, it is not easily removed completely, solvent is used to clean the bullets.

If I were working on hundreds of cases at one time, I would use this spray, the small amount of lanolin shouldn't pose a problem.

I load at the range when attending matches. I use RCBS Case Lube II, water based, and a pad. I clean the case with 0000 steel wool, and lay 10 to 15 cases on the pad and roll with the palm of my hand, then resize. Wipes right off with a paper towel.

#2934362 - 02/19/16 10:40 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Cast Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
When I first started loading I tried almost everything and for case lube, finally settled on One Shot. It works great with my wooden loading blocks. The logical next step was to figure out what that stuff is made from. The lanolin & 99% ISO is a great replacement for it. I'll never need to buy more case lube and I have enough stuff in stock to make more.

#2947082 - 03/20/16 04:37 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
rsbenden Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Pa.
I will use any oil but recently tried canola cooking oil in the spray bottle and am sold on it,works great!!

#2947108 - 03/20/16 06:28 PM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: Cast]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
Originally Posted By: Cast
When I first started loading I tried almost everything and for case lube, finally settled on One Shot. It works great with my wooden loading blocks. The logical next step was to figure out what that stuff is made from. The lanolin & 99% ISO is a great replacement for it. I'll never need to buy more case lube and I have enough stuff in stock to make more.

one shot is not lanolin based. its Dynaglide based.

it doesnt build up like lanolin mixes do, and its nigh on impossible to over-lube with the stuff like it is with lanolin.

the ONLY time i've ever managed to dimple case shoulders was when i was testing out lanolin based stuff. plus it left a sticky mess in my dies. Yick!

i still have a bottle of lanolin based mix i keep around, but i hold onto it for resizing the .310 zmax into .308 bullets for my blackout thumbup1

#2961400 - 05/08/16 12:36 AM Re: Homemade Case Spray Lube Recipe [Re: The Famous Grouse]
Ryfulman Offline

Loc: Canada
I was making my own from lanolin and alcohol however my kid stole my lanolin for her skin,so I've been using spray vegetable oil from the grocery store. Cheap as heck and works great

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.