Tikka T3 Lite Stainless or standard blue

igor

I am looking at buying a Tikka T3 lite. On gunbroker a stainless barreled model is only about $80 more. I have never owned a stainless barreled rifle and am wondering if the Tikka gauranty of MOA out of the box is applicable to stainless barreled guns and if you should expect the same accuracy. Do stainless barrels wear and hold their accuracy as well or better than blue steel barrels

I have a t3 lite in SS. It has a matte finish (bead blasted), so it isn't too shiny. I bought it because it wasn't much more than the blued version. Accuracy guarantee should be the same SS as blued, it's really just your preference. SS will be more moisture tolerant without rusting, the only downside I'd see to SS would be it might be a little more shiny the matte blue (even being bead blasted), but mine's not bad.

As far as SS being as accurate as chrome moly, the vast majority of premium barrels are made in SS, so yes a stainless barrel can be just as accurate as a CM barrel.

Good choice , I have a stainless 223, 10" twist v-max. 55 gr. Is sll I shot so far and it is shooting
3/4" at a hundred. Trigger is excellent out of box.
I dont think you will be sorry.

I don't think you'll see an accuracy difference. I have had both I. The same twist and caliber at the same time and could not tell the difference. SS sure does clean nice though.

I'm a sucker for staineless firearms. I have a lot of acid in my body and the stainless really helps with rusting and can be easily refinished in necessary as there is not external coatin on the metal like a traditional blued finish. As far as I'm concerned, spend the extra $80 and enjoy the stainless Tikka. Accuracy and barrel life should be equal.

I've had and have several of each in different calibers. Accuracy difference has been a non issue. I like the appeal of a nice smooth blue barrel. A matte finish/non glare stainless barrel is less concern in the elements and is very good in most camo settings where it photographs well.

I have both blued and stainless. Accuracy is the same, which is to say dammmmmm good for both rifles.

It is very difficult to get better accuracy, a smoother bolt, or better fit/finish than the Tikka for the price.

Grouse

I have the blued gun and its no problem. I see u live in texas though. Sure is humid there. Stainless might be less prone to rusting. Doesn't matter much where I live as its rarely humid.

Back