The Best States for Gun Owners in 2014

Fursniper

For the second year in a row, Guns and Ammo Magazine rated Arizona as the #1 state for gun owners. You can also click to see where your state ranks at the bottom of the article.

States were measured on “gun rights/friendliness to gun owners” by the following criteria:

•CCW/Open Carry laws.
•Treatment of military style rifles (ARs, AKs, etc.).
•Treatment of Class 3/NFA firearms.
•Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground.
•Miscellaneous issues like constitutional protections, restrictions on gun or ammo purchases, magazine capacity, CCW reciprocity, etc.

One of the reasons AZ rated so highly was due to the accomplishments of the AZ Citizens Defense League (AzCDL). This is a nonprofit organization that is very involved with gun laws proposed to the AZ State Legislature. Here is a link to the AzCDL accomplishments.

Originally Posted By: FursniperFor the second year in a row, Guns and Ammo Magazine rated Arizona as the #1 state for gun owners. You can also click to see where your state ranks at the bottom of the article.

States were measured on “gun rights/friendliness to gun owners” by the following criteria:

•CCW/Open Carry laws.
•Treatment of military style rifles (ARs, AKs, etc.).
•Treatment of Class 3/NFA firearms.
•Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground.
•Miscellaneous issues like constitutional protections, restrictions on gun or ammo purchases, magazine capacity, CCW reciprocity, etc.

One of the reasons AZ rated so highly was due to the accomplishments of the AZ Citizens Defense League (AzCDL). This is a nonprofit organization that is very involved with gun laws proposed to the AZ State Legislature. Here is a link to the AzCDL accomplishments.

I live in #45/50
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I figured NV would place higher than 22. I came from LI, NY and upon arriving in Las Vegas, I felt the chains of oppression being lifted. Walking in to a gun store and being "allowed" to touch and handle any firearm without having to produce an ID was almost surreal. And buying one was completely Orwellian. You mean I give you money and I get a gun in exchange? I don't have to get a PO from the County police, then come get the serial number of the gun, then go back and get approved, then come back and buy it, then go back to the Police and show that I bought the gun I said I was going to buy???? All after waiting 6 months of a background check where my references were checked and investigated themselves????

I think Montana's rating is too high. Silencers are illegal for hunting, and every time a bill comes up to change that the nonsense "poaching" argument gets played. As if poachers will follow the law.

Sendit

they ranked AL higher than TX.

I think once you hit the top 25 mostly it's comparatively small differences sorting them out. Similarly, the very bottom are sorted by degrees of nastiness.

AR should move up by default, mistake or whatever you wanna call it. The lawmakers in the state tried to rewrite an existing law and the update is so confusing thst I guess they are going to
simplify by becoming an open carry/constitutional carry state. The change takes place in July 2014.

Sendit,

*Montana Firearms Freedom Act
*CC permits only required in Cities and Towns in Montana
*Civil municipalities barred from enacting gun laws more strict than state law
*Gun ranges and shooting clubs protected by favorable legislation

Just sayin!

Back