Kill light XLR 250

got mine today. Going to try it tonight. This thing is bright. Here's the red xlr 250 on the right and my smartlight with the red lens on the left. I'm only 5 feet from the wall. Thats why the smartlight is so tight. Its has a longer halo shield. My smartlight is about the same brightness as my friends predator light. should make a good scan and shoot combo.
photo-71.jpg

Last edited:
Got my XLR-250 (green) last night and got the batteries all charged up. Mounted it on the bottom side of the barrel of my .223 and it does not give off a back glow at that point. I was only able to try it out upto 75 yards here at home though. Looks great at that distance. I'll get out to the lease next week and see how it does out to 150-200 yards. As long as it's good out to about 125 yards, I'll be very happy with it.

Thanks to all those giving reports on this thread. It sure helps to have good information before spending money and you guys really helped out a lot. Thanks again.
thumbup.gif

I got to play with the green xlr 250 last night and i am majorly impressed with what i could see. Could pick out deer eyes in a field well over 600 yards, no way i could make an ID at that distance, but i could see em out there (unless there was 12 coyotes all milling about) My only concern is how much does the green spook predators? Please someone give me some field test results on this.

Originally Posted By: Justin M My only concern is how much does the green spook predators? Please someone give me some field test results on this.
I've been using my ND-5 Laser Genetics hand held (which is green)for scanning the fields on hogs and deer and it does not spook them any more so than my red spotlights ever did. Have not had an opportunity to use it on coyotes though. I would think that if it doesn't spook the hogs and deer that it should be okay on the yotes too.

The Kill Light XLR250 is a great product. Got my in Red.
Nite hunting here in Nebraska. Really impressed with light,easy to swith from rifle too rifle. Make nite hunting funny and easier.

Got a predator pack and love it. I'm sure its been posted here but I take an empty toilet roll and stick it in the halo shield to keep it ridged when its on the 250 mounted.

Originally Posted By: kelDan,

Is that a RRA Predator?

Nope, specs:

Model 1 Sales 16" Carbine Length SS Bull Upper
DPMS lower with RRA two stage match trigger
Weaver Classic K6 Glass

Duracoated the Predator pattern my self

CAR-1.jpg

I was just noticing how you had your light mounted. I'm looking at a RRA Predator that only has the front sight rail and was wondering how to mount a light. I guess they have offset mounts for that situation by the looks of yours. I just ordered the predator pack from Boondock's also.

Last edited:
You guys want the ultimate throw on a red led light take a look at Dereelight Night Master with a red "pill." It will bury an EWT-XLR250 red. (I have all of these) If you want to throw a red beam into the next zip code, the Dereelight XSearcher head far out throws even the Night Master. One thing, you have a concentrated PENCIL beam with very little spill. You'll see your target ... and only your target. I can't even imagine how far out you'll see eyes ... way out. http://www.dereelight.com/

Back