Chipotle Grill gun ban...

I understand wanting to protect your family yourself and anyone who is danger of bodily harm but a little common sense would go a long way. I carry, sometimes concealed sometimes open but where I am and who is around me is always a consideration

Last edited:
In all seriousness,,,Who really needs to be carrying an open weapon into a restaurant for the purpose of having a meal??? Come on guys, let's apply a little common sense here...Yes, you may have the Legal Right, but is it really necessary to flaunt it...That's almost as bad as the Gay/Lesbian crown shoving their lifestyle in your face all the time and everywhere, especially in a family environment...

That's a little reason for some businesses to exercise their right to restrict, when otherwise they wouldn't take a stand one way or the other...We have a local bank that has a sign displayed on their doors that says: "Concealed Carry Weapons Welcome", but if someone entered with an open carry, they might frown on that...It should be noted that the Manager recently used his own weapon to chase down a 'wanna be' Bank Robber and held him at gunpoint on the parking lot...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleIn all seriousness,,,Who really needs to be carrying an open weapon into a restaurant for the purpose of having a meal??? Come on guys, let's apply a little common sense here...Yes, you may have the Legal Right, but is it really necessary to flaunt it...That's almost as bad as the Gay/Lesbian crown shoving their lifestyle in your face all the time and everywhere, especially in a family environment...

That's a little reason for some businesses to exercise their right to restrict, when otherwise they wouldn't take a stand one way or the other...We have a local bank that has a sign displayed on their doors that says: "Concealed Carry Weapons Welcome", but if someone entered with an open carry, they might frown on that...It should be noted that the Manager recently used his own weapon to chase down a 'wanna be' Bank Robber and held him at gunpoint on the parking lot...

+1

This is what did the trick:

gunschipotle.jpeg

Similar posturing is what pushed Starbucks over the edge.

Anyone realy think this sort of stuff is helping our side?

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleIn all seriousness,,,Who really needs to be carrying an open weapon into a restaurant for the purpose of having a meal??? Come on guys, let's apply a little common sense here...Yes, you may have the Legal Right, but is it really necessary to flaunt it...That's almost as bad as the Gay/Lesbian crown shoving their lifestyle in your face all the time and everywhere, especially in a family environment...

I am with OT & Stu on this one.

Texas State Rifle Assn. has been supporting the push to pass open carry during the past legislative session (Tx. legislation meets every other year). I have concerns that open carry can cause problems that we (CCW licensees) do not currently have, nor do we need.

First off, has anyone considered weapon retention issues that the normal CCW holder does not have to consider? CCW holders are not trained in weapon retention. Just think of the glee with which the anti's will publicize any issue(s) involving the loss of and subsequent misuse of an open carry weapon.

Not to mention scenes like the following post by Stu. This picture scares heck out of me even if I am packing!

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishThis is what did the trick:

gunschipotle.jpeg

Similar posturing is what pushed Starbucks over the edge.

Anyone realy think this sort of stuff is helping our side?

Regards,
hm

I don't like seeing dopes walking around like dopes with gun scaring people. Not sure they should be scared, and it's a completely different issue that people get scared at the site of a gun.

But, small groups preasuring companies to ban things they don't like is wrong. Don't they have better things to do?
I like that here in AZ, they are working or finish dealing with this. They are going to require businesses to have a place for someone that is packing to put their gun while there in that establishment. If you want to ban it, then you have to give people a place to put it, or you can't ban it.
Seems simple enough.

I will never understand some people. I don't want someone to know that I am carrying. The only way that my GF knows that I am carrying when we go out is by what I am drinking. If those two walked into the place that I am at I would have my hand ready to go at the first sign of trouble and have 911 on the line. Some people always amaze me. Yes it may be you right but use some thought.

I'm as pro gun as you get. If I was in that place & these guys walked in, I'd be in condition orange until I figured out differently.

I just don't see how anyone actually handling guns in a place like this is going to do anything at all to help our side.

Open carry is one thing, but goober on the right I consider brandishing. I also consider it reckless.

yep cant fix stupid I wonder, do they understand that walking into a building packing those rifles now days can get you shot all it takes is one ARMED person thinking these 2 are out to commit a mass shooting and end their day

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishAnyone realy think this sort of stuff is helping our side?

No, I don't. I think it hurts us and I would rather they didn't do it.

ETA: you know in hindsight had I seen the photos first I'm not sure I would have posted anything at all. Those two jackwagons really aren't helping. And thinking about it more it puts the company in a bad spot, puts other customers on edge, and puts all gun owners in a bad light. Were I there with my family I'm not sure I would have stayed....what good things could happen?

Thanks for posting the photos. I should have researched this more.

Sendit

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bignastywalking into a building packing those rifles now days can get you shot

One of many reasons I'd rather they didn't do this kind of thing.

It reminds me of a day many years ago, I was at the range & messed up & some guy I had just met said "Dude, your safety just went to [beeep]!"

And he was right. And I never forgot it, either

That's what I think when I look at these 2. Their safety just went to [beeep].

It's possible, but my bet is that it's just 2 young, enthusiastic guys who didn't think through just what it was they were doing.

Maybe they learned something from it...

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishIt's possible, but my bet is that it's just 2 young, enthusiastic guys morons who didn't think through just what it was they were doing.

Maybe they learned something from it...

There fixed that one for you Stu! Uhmmmm...

1.) Those 2 would look spooky without weapons.

2.) Those two look like the type that would think it would be really cool to carry their gun into lunch, just because they can.

3.) Those two look like the type that aren't capable of thought much beyond that, so NO, they didn't.

Unfortunately there are a whole bunch of morons, just like these two, that feel compelled to wear guns where they really don't need to wear guns.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farish2 young, enthusiastic guys who didn't think through just what it was they were doing.

Probably right on this.. Put picking up a weapon like that and not thinking things through is a very bad combination...

Looks to me like these characters have been watching too many action movies. When you meet up with someone else and they are shooting back it is a little different.

Back