On the subject of 22 ammo.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: OldTurtleThose that turn out to be less than adequate get relegated to the grandkids for their use..
not a good granpa. bad granpa.
tongue_smilie.gif
...You apparently have different values than I do...My grandkids work to supply their needs as they see them, just as I did...Those that cannot work are given freely to a point...Match ammo at $9-17 per 50 is not really appreciated by a novice shooter until they achieve the ability to shoot, and show well, in local matches...Once the begin to show ability, respect for the sport, and self discipline, they can have what they need...

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: Coyotehunter_I would think with the price increase in 22 ammo someone in the business might think about building more capacity and making some money?

The only price increase on 22 ammo is from the gougers. When it hits the shelves here, it is the normal price. There is no price increase.

Wish this was true or my suppliers/dealers are the gougers? Which could be true, they are more expensive then they were a year ago but every year they rise their prices but no $45 to $75 a brick, those people are or businesses are ripping us off.

Also what do you call normal price around your neighbourhood?

I've been getting 550 Federal packs at WM for $24. Winchester M22 for $49. CCI 36gr.Mini Mags for less than $8.

When I find it I buy it. I haven't paid any gouger prices, and never will.

Kevlars

Originally Posted By: jim87formulaAlso what do you call normal price around your neighbourhood?

I picked up Remington 525 round packs for $24 and the Remington 1400 round bucket for $64 just a couple months ago. That is still the price around here and is what they were a couple years ago.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: jim87formulaAlso what do you call normal price around your neighbourhood?

I picked up Remington 525 round packs for $24 and the Remington 1400 round bucket for $64 just a couple months ago. That is still the price around here and is what they were a couple years ago.

Your real lucky then to have those fair prices and availability.

That retailer that your buying from isn't making a lot off on $24, basically breaking even or he has old stock from years ago and he had a surplus. Just saying....

Last time I bought .22LR was roughly a couple years ago, $19.99 for a brick of Thunderbolts. Can't get them for that price now.

Back