Neck sizing

Oh Oh maybe I'm doing something wrong here. How do I do a reply with a quote. I was doing it the same as on other forums.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: WGSOriginally Posted By: ninehorsesWGS,

It makes a huge difference weather your shooting a $3000 dollar bench rest rifle, or a $200 Wally World special as to what your answer will be.

Are you trying to shoot a .007 group or a 1" group.

There are a number of things that you can do to your brass that will get you small accuracy gains in a good rifle.

Annealing, neck turning, chamfering angle, neck tension, neck length, sorting, and a host of other things, come to mind.

None of these things are going to help you, if your rifle is not up to it. You will just be wasting your time.

If you search these subjects in the Predator Masters search engine, you will find several threads on these subjects.

If you want help, you need to throw us a bone. What rifle? Caliber? Bullet? Powder? Pictures of groups? You get the picture?

There are a bunch of good people on here, with lots of knowledge, but we're not mind readers. We are willing to help with any question, simple or advanced.

Brownells and Midway have videos on turning necks.

I am reading articles from Brownells. I have a problem with my computer with the videos on Midways site. I keep getting a "500 error". I need my IT guy to fix that. Any way thanks for your ideas.

Wayne

Wayne,
You need to put your text outside of the quote boxes so people know what you said.

Originally Posted By: WGSI guess I'm blind . I don't see how to do that.

Wayne

When you hit quote, a window opens up with the post that you are quoting.

Like this one, it opens and the very last line is your name, and after that, a "left bracket "["... then a slash lke this "/" and the word "quote", then a right bracket "]"

That is the end of the quote, no matter how many blank lines there are after the main body of text - it ain't over until the last "/quote" in brackets.

You start typing BELOW that on a new line.

Try it a few times. There is a "Preview Post" hit that to see what it will look like, without posting it for real.

Just put in your text at the bottom after all the other text. Make sure your text is after the last quote box that looks like this... [/quote]

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: WGSI guess I'm blind . I don't see how to do that.

Wayne

Like this one, it opens and the very last line is your name, and after that, a "left bracket "["... then a slash lke this "/" and the word "quote", then a right bracket "]"

That is the end of the quote, no matter how many blank lines there are after the main body of text - it ain't over until the last "/quote" in brackets.

Try it a few times. There is a "Preview Post" hit that to see what it will look like, without posting it for real.

Thanks Catshooter. That fixed that problem

Wayne

Originally Posted By: WGSOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: WGSI guess I'm blind . I don't see how to do that.

Wayne

Thanks CatShooter. That fixed that problem

Wayne

KEWL...
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: WGSOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: WGSI guess I'm blind . I don't see how to do that.

Wayne

Wayne

KEWL...
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

It's the age thing you know.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: WGSOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: WGSOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: WGSI guess I'm blind . I don't see how to do that.

Wayne

Wayne

KEWL...
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

It's the age thing you know.

Wayne

Yeah.... I know
lol.gif

You got it!!!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: WGSOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: WGSI guess I'm blind . I don't see how to do that.

Wayne

Thanks Catshooter. That fixed that problem

Wayne

I don't like the quote boxes, unless I'm answering something that was a few post back. It just takes up too much of the page, with the same words over and over. Often you will see the same picture three times in a single thread.

Just start typing in the Quick Reply box at the bottom.

That's JMO.

Back