Ok Fleas ,#@^&*ng fleas

the impactzone

what are you guys finding works best, tried the stuff between the shoulders (not the advantage brand)and a flea color and something else powder, and the only thing I found working is to spry her 2-3 times a week with zodiac flea & tick spray a pyrethrins base spray, only indoors at night. looks like its going to be a bad year for fleas this year, spraying the yard is a no go as I have 25 Acers she roams

any suggestions

Revolution has worked on our dogs for years. We get it from Australia on the cheap, plus buy the large size and split it up for two dogs. We did that after figuring how many drops the red pills had, and then buying the brown pills that contained twice the dosage for the same price. The small dogs get 13 drops each and the brown pill has 26 drops in it.

I have tried Advantage, Bio-Spot, Adams, Sergeants, and Front Line. For me, none of them worked except Advantage. We buy the multi-dose pack, for large/extra large dogs, and then measure out the dosage for our dogs. I use 1/2 cc per 10 lbs body weight. I buy it through Ebay. Advantage can also be used on cats, same dosage.
One multi-dose pack does both our small house dogs and my wife's 2 cats all season with a little left over.

The Advantage product works very well.
The Seresto collar is also effective and many of our clients like them very much. They are a little pricey initially but last 8 months.
Nexgard is a new monthly chewable product for fleas and ticks.
I use Trifexis on my dogs. Once a month deworming, heartworm treatment, and extremely effective flea control. I also use the larger size and split it as there is very little difference in price between sizes and I usually have 12-15 dogs around.
The pyrethrins work well but just don't last long. Imidacloprid sprays or granules such as the Bayer product work well in areas your dog spends a lot of time in to reduce reinfestation.

I know some of these products can be pricey, especially if you have multiple dogs. They work very well, however. If you have a bad problem, do yourself a favor and use one of the monthly products at least for 1-2 months. They will greatly reduce populations and allow more conventional sprays and topicals to maintain control afterward.
Don't forget that cats can be a source of flea eggs that contaminate the area as well. You'll need to treat them also to keep your dog clean.

Last edited:
we use flea and tick collars and about every 3 or 4 weeks we dust our dogs with calf dust. haven't picked a tick yet this spring. and haven't seen any fleas. a small bag of calf dust last a few years. just put it in a mason jar and poke a few holes in the lid and sprinkle on and just spread it around with your hands. if you really want it to stick, lightly mist them with the water hose afterwards.

we use the seresto collars and have zero complaints. the price kinda hurts when you first buy it but it works for 8 months. for you water dogs guys its only going to work for five months. a bayer rep told me they are only guaranteed for five months if the dog swims or bathes more than once a month but still five months is pretty dang good in my book. I love them as I always used to forget the drops

Pretty coincidental, about 30 seconds before I saw this thread I had one on the back of my neck and killed it.
Haven't had problems in years with my dogs.
What the [beeep] did you do?

Back