7mm 160gr Sierra Gsmeking

tecumseh

I've got a load made up for my 280 Rem with a 160 gr gameking thàt I'll be using on a mule deer hunt in Montana this fall, anyone have any experience using them? I've used the 140gr Gamekings in the past for deer and hogs and they worked great.

The 160g sierra is simply fantastic in a 280. I shot a load that is right out of the nosler manual:

58.5g IMR 7828 at 2940 fps out of my 24" barrel, work up to that load in your rifle. Deer just flop, got to be one of the all time best deer loads that I have ever shot in any rifle.

Good luck

Originally Posted By: Bernie P.Should work great.I've used the 140gr Gameking on whitetail.Cant see any reason the extra weight would hurt performance any.

I used the 140 gr gameking when I first started loading for this rifle some years ago and they worked great on the 3 deer and two hogs that were 250lbs plus.

Yep, the Sierra 160 Game King (# 1920) is my favorite (and most accurate) bullet for a 7mm mag. That was my go-to deer round for many years. It's a good bullet and has a high ballistic coefficient.

Back