Foxpro 532 w/TX5 LR remote

coltchris

I just traded for the subject caller and have a couple questions. The caller is as new and never been in the field. It was purchased as a gift last Christmas. I have been reading posts on this forum for a couple years and remember some problems with the new TX5 LR remote about last Feb. I've seen no issues since then and wonder if I'll need the stick on pads or was it just a learning curve on new remote? Also, was there ever a permanent fix or upgrade from FOXPRO? I know their customer service is the best in the world if I have any problems! As you can tell from my questions, I haven't had a chance to use in field yet or even test the remote. The unit is literally brand new.

The buttons/bumper pads help, but arent needed. Havent heard of any remote up grade as of yet but one was supose to be in the works. I believe is was more of a new remote face with a more tactile feel . Give Foxpro a call and see what they have to say.

just curious,
.... anyone willing to take a few pictures of their remote with the "bumpers" installed on it?

colt.... what did you trade for the caller?

bl00dtrail: For pictures of "bumpers", do a search on this site. Original post by ALLEGANREM17 on 1-5-05. There are (5) pages of discussion on TX5 LR remote. As far as trade for caller; a 3.5-10x44 scope.

Quote:
bl00dtrail: For pictures of "bumpers", do a search on this site. Original post by ALLEGANREM17 on 1-5-05. There are (5) pages of discussion on TX5 LR remote. As far as trade for caller; a 3.5-10x44 scope.

thanks coltchris,
I must of missed that thread.... I found it and went to Lowes and bought a pack of bumpers and installed them. Wow that makes a world of difference (for less than $3 bucks)!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Bl00dtrail: Man, your fast! You must have a Lowes right next door! I haven't had chance to check remote operation yet, but will probably be adding bumpers. What a slick unit; I can see why everyone raves about the FOXPRO now. Came with brand new case also which also is great.

LOL....

yeah I have a Lowes and Home Depot about 3 miles away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

now I have to figure out what to do with the extra 5 bumpers??

Hey bloodtrail, take a pictue of yours...I want to see what "bumpers" are? I couldn't find it in the search option?

Or you CS, can I see a picture of these bumpers?

C

Thanks for the link Joel Hughes. I forgot they make those bumpers in clear. I thought most of them were light brown color, but the clear looks like it'd work great.

I bought the excact same ones pictured on that link (same company/size etc.)...... they are a quick install and made a big difference (IMO). I wish I would of known about those sooner.....

Lowes, also had "round" bumpers but I decided to go with the squares.

it's a good upgrade either way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

what are you guys trying to say in this post about the bumpers and pads? is this supposed to be a good upgrade for the remote. the only complaint i have with my remote is the low volume button doesnt work very well. you literally have to make your fingers turn red to get it to work. the rest of them work pretty good.

Last edited:
I e-mailed Foxpro Wed. 5-4 regarding my new 532 that started this post. I didn't know the sequence for operating the TR5-LR remote. Mike Dillon called me back this AM and apologized for taking so long!!!! At any rate, he walked me through the steps and everything worked perfectly. He stated the upgraded remote (push button/pad issues) will be available in 2-3 weeks and if I had any problems to return it for upgrade or replacement. What a great guy and fantastic service. I'M SOLD ON FOXPRO.

Quote:
I e-mailed Foxpro Wed. 5-4 regarding my new 532 that started this post. I didn't know the sequence for operating the TR5-LR remote. Mike Dillon called me back this AM and apologized for taking so long!!!! At any rate, he walked me through the steps and everything worked perfectly. He stated the upgraded remote (push button/pad issues) will be available in 2-3 weeks and if I had any problems to return it for upgrade or replacement. What a great guy and fantastic service. I'M SOLD ON FOXPRO.

Mike is a-1, I am thinking about upgrading to the TR5-LR and was wondering about the upgrade. Does anyone have any info onwhat changes they are making??

You can get the stick on "Bumpers" at Walmart in the scrapbooking section. They have them for putting over letters.

I think they are called "Embossing squares" and these are clear.

Back