NEW FLIR ThermoSight RS

Got a nice pic of a deer out of the RS32-35mm:

RS32%2035%20Deer2.jpg

SkyPup, I have a RS64-35 coming and I’m curious how you get the videos and pictures into your computer. Do you have any special equipment? What cords do you need to do that?
I am hoping the information I get with the scope will explain everything but I am curious how you do it.

Thanks for all the information you have posted.

Neil

Originally Posted By: SkyPupGot a nice pic of a deer out of the RS32-35mm:

RS32%2035%20Deer2.jpg

FYI to all the MDVR users out there, the "000000" can be changed to any 6 letter ID you want and the red time stamp can be disabled. Good looking image especially on 4X digital zoom!

Originally Posted By: oregonneilSkyPup, I have a RS64-35 coming and I’m curious how you get the videos and pictures into your computer. Do you have any special equipment? What cords do you need to do that?
I am hoping the information I get with the scope will explain everything but I am curious how you do it.

Thanks for all the information you have posted.

Neil

You will get the hang of it, you will need a DVR with a 720X480 pixel resolution like the MDVR that Ultimate Night Vision has to record the video output from the mini-USB video output port. You will also need computer software to edit the video and the correct codecs to see the video.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SkyPupBe sure to bring all your FLIR gear to the Austin, Texas F1 race....

[urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CYO7UJ70h4#t=13[/url]

I will be in Austin!

Vic

That looks good. I have the EOTECH HHS1 system like you but have not saved enough money for a Flir or PVS-14. But I was curious if I could keep the HHS1 system and use it with a FLIR or NV optic in the future. The only one that I found that would work with the HHS1 system was the one from EOTech M2124 NV system and it's around 9000 dollars.

Now your showing me that I could buy a T70 or similar and put it on the rail in front of the HHS1 system. That's good news to me.

I saw in the EOTECH 2013 catalog that I could get the EOTech CNVD-T and mount it out in front of the HHS1 system and get thermal with my current system. But That EOTech CNVD-T sells for $20,000 or so.

That looks good. I have the EOTECH HHS1 system like you but have not saved enough money for a Flir or PVS-14. But I was curious if I could keep the HHS1 system and use it with a FLIR or NV optic in the future. The only one that I found that would work with the HHS1 system was the one from EOTech M2124 NV system and it's around 9000 dollars.

Now your showing me that I could buy a T70 or similar and put it on the rail in front of the HHS1 system. That's good news to me.

I saw in the EOTECH 2013 catalog that I could get the EOTech CNVD-T and mount it out in front of the HHS1 system and get thermal with my current system. But That EOTech CNVD-T sells for $20,000 or so.

Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: Micanopy MikeStill, as neato-keeno as the thermal rifle scopes such
as the FLIR T70 are, the size and weight is a bit
discouraging for me.

Mike...

I use the FLIR T70 for hog hunting and even though it is a little heavy you just have to figure out what works for you. I use a single point sling and brace my rifle butt against my left hip and hold a monopod in the same hand. This frees up my right hand for scanning with the FLIR PS32 when stalking hogs. I run mine with an Eotech and 3x magnifier.

When I get in a position I want to shoot from I turn the FLIR PS32 off and then set my rifle on the monopod and turn on the T70. It sounds like a lot of motion but on dark nights I have no problem shooting hogs. That includes a full 15 round mag in my 6.8 SPC.

This is the monopod I use and it works great.

http://www.primos.com/products/trigger-sticks/tall-mono-pod-3/

KJ7E6zG.jpg

How did you get the map coordinates on the screen. Does the RS640 x 35mm FLIR have GPS on it too? Or did that come from the Digital Recording Device or what? The screen even shows Kilometer/hr on the bottom. As if you were moving but where you not just sitting still on a stand? The GPS seems to be varying around a very very slow speed. That's probably due to the nature of the GPS not knowing exactly to the CM where it's at and the variability of the readings.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThermal video of a Gobbler and two hens for all those that have asked me if you can see turkeys during the day using thermal....wish the Gobbler would have puffed up for me, maybe next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Le6lJRSytg&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted By: Coyotehunter_Now your showing me that I could buy a T70 or similar and put it on the rail in front of the HHS1 system. That's good news to me.

Ch....If you like the Eotech setup you might look around for one of the older 4x magnifiers they made a few years ago. (The G33 is 3.25x) I managed to find one on Armslist. Just make sure you are not buying a Chinese knockoff.

This magnifier has a rectangular FOV that matches the Eotech and it also works great with the rectangular screen in the T70.

3eropJU.jpg

Last edited:
I've been thinking about getting a thermal for a while now.. I suppose these are not only cheaper, but better than the ATN Thor? If I want to use one of these for coyote & pig you say I should have a good NVG for identification. What are good options for ID to say 150yrds( & ~$1500)? For use on a 5.56..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JCCinOhioI've been thinking about getting a thermal for a while now.. I suppose these are not only cheaper, but better than the ATN Thor? If I want to use one of these for coyote & pig you say I should have a good NVG for identification. What are good options for ID to say 150yrds? For use on a 5.56.. Both is for an ideal situation. Thermal for detection pvs14 or NV scope for ID'ing. First thing, set a budget and we can help from there

I was hoping for about $1500 or less for the night vision if that's possible. Doesn't have to be weapon mountable, but would be nice. Also don't need a reticle since I have an NV Eotech.. (have a gen 1 ATN currently). Main thing is something capable of ID to 150 yards with best price..

For the thermal I was thinking the 19mm RS32 would suffice for under 200yards? Coyotes in Ohio and pigs in Texas..

Oh, and is the 19mm RS32 the best deal in that price range? Others I should consider for the use I specified?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JCCinOhioI was hoping for about $1500 or less for the night vision if that's possible. Doesn't have to be weapon mountable, but would be nice. Also don't need a reticle since I have an NV Eotech.. (have a gen 1 ATN currently). Main thing is something capable of ID to 150 yards with best price..

For the thermal I was thinking the 19mm RS32 would suffice for under 200yards? Coyotes in Ohio and pigs in Texas..

Oh, and is the 19mm RS32 the best deal in that price range? Others I should consider for the use I specified? I'd look for a used PVS 14 to mount behind your Eotech. not sure if you can find 1 for $1500 but that's the budget, so get to looking and see what's out there. I have an RS32 and it's all I need. Anything pumping blood with in 400 yards can't hide. I'm not sure what it is but I can see it and then use my PVS14 to ID. Enjoy.

Which RS32 do you have?

On the NV.. Assuming I'd have the RS32 mounted on the weapon.. what do you use to magnify the NV that you are either holding or have head mounted? I suppose you'd need at least 4x to get an ID in the dark to 150yds?

Sorry bout that... I have a PS32 hand held and a helmet mounted pvs14. Any question about the ID, I just slip on my 3x maginfier. About 225 yards is my longest kill shot. And really it's prolly my longest shot that I can remember. They are usually under 100 yrds.

Back