Prayers to Tony Tebbe

I hope Gunner (and all good hunting dogs) have a little slice of heaven to themselves. I know I have had a few go too early and it has never been easy to get back on the saddle and keep going.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been lucky to not ever have one die. i have always sold them before it happened. But the dogs I have now are here for good and I dread the day. I have a dog that could be any day. 9 years old and still going strong, but i know you only have so many years with them. I will ball like a baby when he goes.

My condolences Tony. That's a tough one. I never understood peoples connections with pets until I got MY OWN hunting dog. They are more than animals. Even harder to loose one like that.

To most of us who hunted with Gunner, he was not just a dog, he was a hunting buddy. It's hard to lose family and friends, but once you've had a hunting buddy, a true hunting buddy, it's really hard to lose them.

Gunner brought a lot of joy to many of us in the predator hunting world, either through direct contact or watching him work in videos. He will truly be missed.

Tony, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. You don't need me to tell you how much my family loved Gunner. (We chose to spend three consecutive family vacations with you and Gunner, and would have loved to make it more.) With Gunner's passing all of us who knew him have lost a hunting buddy, but the two of you were BEST hunting buddies, and that's a steep loss. Our prayers are with you and your family, and we will never, ever forget Gunner. He was truly one in a million, and we will forever be grateful to you for training him up to be like he was, and then sharing him with the rest of us.

Linda

Last edited:
Tony, sorry for your loss, Gunner was a great dog and my hunts over him will be remembered.

I'm a bird dog guy and had a great one, she won hunting competitions, even at the national specialty, is the feature dog of her breed in a manual on spaniels, could switch from ducks to woodcock to pheasants to ruff grouse with out a hitch in her step. She made retrieve out in the salt and never gave up on a downed bird. When she went I never thought I'd get a dog as good again. I rescued a GWHP and he is even a better bird dog in the uplands and in the marsh.

Tony even though Gunner is gone I hope you get as lucky as me.

Good hunting to you.

AW

Originally Posted By: borkonso.........? which mod took down my post??
it was not under ANY tos. please explain. and PLEASE, on this thread, not in a p.m.

Don't guess I saw the post you are asking about and I am not finding one of your posts in the cutting room either.

Tony, I was sure sorry to hear about Gunner.

I remember scratching his ears while he slept with his head in my lap all the way back from El Paso to Las Cruces a few years ago.

They just don't ever live long enough.

I found out, on the same day, I lost two hunting buddies: Gunner and Lovett Williams. Definitely a bad day.

I'm only going to post this once.

This thread is about Tony Tebbe's loss of his dog. Most of us knew Gunner through his stories and pics on this site.

If you have something positive to say, or are offering condolences,that's fine. I have deleted several posts that did not belong here. I won't won't spend any more time cleaning up the mess. I will address the posters.

Tony - just now hearing of this tragedy. Following you and Gunner's adventures and watching you two in the videos made me feel like I know you two personally.

I am so sorry for your loss. You and Gunner are in my prayers.

RIP Gunner.

I have hunted a few trips with Tony and gunner and got to really know them both. Gunner was a fine dog and I can say that several of my favorite calling stands in my life were with Tony and Gunner. Very sorry to hear about what happened.

I want to personally thank each and every one of you for your condolences. It means alot to me. Miss Kiz was spot on about losing a hunting buddy, be it human or canine. Gunner was my best friend and I spent more time with him than anyone. Alot of great memories and alot of dead coyotes. He will be missed dearly.

I sense that there were negative posts made to this one. It's a shame. If you feel you have something to say to me, call me. 575-390-0048 is always on me and I'd love to hear your comments and explanation on why I shouldn't consider you a douche.

Thank you so much everyone.

Tony

Originally Posted By: KizmoI found out, on the same day, I lost two hunting buddies: Gunner and Lovett Williams. Definitely a bad day.

I knew Lovett too and was in graduate school with him way back when in veterinary infectious diseases of wildlife here at UF.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your primo hunting companion, Tony, I know how hard that is, mortality is a [beeep] when you cannot do anything about it.

Feel like I got punched in the gut reading this! If I had a Bucket List, Hunting with Gunner would have been on it for sure and probably near the top. Can't imagine what you're going through Tony, thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Back