$0.15 quality bullets!! They still exist!

pahntr760

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=0028524532B1000

I had to order some. 1000 Hornady SSTs (I presume) on the way here. I can't complain for the cost, and I don't see l critters knowing the difference...
grin.gif

I was thinking SST also. I would like some but really dont want to buy 1000 of them. My 243 really likes the Hornady Superformance 95 gr SST.

What kind of bullets do you think those 65 gr OTM are? I can't find that bullet anywhere to compare. What does OTM stand for?

Open Tipped Match, figured it out. Still can't find those bullets anywhere. Cheap enough to try though...

Last edited:
I've shot a crap load of blems, most are fine. But they haven't all been perfect, but worth the gamble to me.

Originally Posted By: Anton ChigurhHas anyone tried these before? Are the blems just cosmetic, or something that could affect performance?

I have used many Blems before. No noticeable issues on performance. Only athstetics.

Most likely sst's. I bought a bunch of 30 cal blems from Midway last year. Some 165 btsp were boxed from different lots (all the same in each box, but 2 boxes from one lot, and 3 boxes from another lot.) There were obvious differences in the bt shape and cannelure placement between them and they loaded to different oal. But the 168 Amax blems looked really good and were all the same. I also got some 6.5mm 123 Amax blems where some had actual dents up near the tip. Didn't seem to affect how they shot. And I got some 32 gr 20 cal vmax blems where some of the tips were shoved back into the bullet. But they still shot good.

It's definitely a crap shoot to a degree. For fun and practice or non-serious hunting it's a good deal.

Sometimes the blems will have a few in them that are messed up. I bought some ballistic tips once that had about 1 in 100 without the plastic tip. It still shot well.

I got that e-mail a day or two ago..hemhawed around some and as I was looking,GOING..GOING..GONE..on the 30 cal. bullets, at least the ones I was interested in.

I messed around and watched them sell out also.

I'd be interested to hear how you like them.

I will keep my eye out for them next time, didn't know about them before this thread.

Last edited:
Yep, they're SST's. And the 'blem' of them is some freckling on the jackets. The tips look fine...just a big heavy plastic bag contains them.

Back