DHS needs more ammo

Good idea
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: sweatybettyi wish the manufacturers had the balls to tell the feds to consume feces.

I'm guessing they have to be permitted, and thus with the Liberal faction ragging on the Second Amendment ALL the time, it's probably hard enough to get permitted to make ammo without telling them to stick it.

HOWEVER... the ammo manufacturers could shoot them a price commensurate to what we're seeing on 22LR knowing that the government is intentionally trying to overwhelm the market. I mean seriously, why not get all the manufacturers together and throw Uncle Sam a bid that's 20 times higher than the current on-shelf price, and see whether they really want it that bad.

The feds don't care what it costs. They have proved debt don't bother them. I just boil when they talk about the wealthy, like they are wearing shoes with holes in the bottom.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherThis is a RFP, request for proposal, a standard bidding process.

That isn't the point. The point is every Federal agency is being militarized and armed to the teeth. They are o's army.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherThis is a RFP, request for proposal, a standard bidding process. Why don't we get together and send an RFP for the American People .22,.223.9mm,45auto ECT

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherThis is a RFP, request for proposal, a standard bidding process.

Which is typically followed by the standard buying process.
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Originally Posted By: dogcatcherThis is a RFP, request for proposal, a standard bidding process.

rolleyes.gif

I used to work for a local business that did Dept of Defense work, if he had gotten 1 out of a 1000 of the of the many RFP's that I prepared for he would have died a very rich man. An RFP doesn't mean squat, all it does is lock in a price so that if they need it they get it at that price. Most RFP's I saw were never fulfilled.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherOriginally Posted By: Rocky1Originally Posted By: dogcatcherThis is a RFP, request for proposal, a standard bidding process.

rolleyes.gif

I used to work for a local business that did Dept of Defense work, if he had gotten 1 out of a 1000 of the of the many RFP's that I prepared for he would have died a very rich man. An RFP doesn't mean squat, all it does is lock in a price so that if they need it they get it at that price. Most RFP's I saw were never fulfilled.

The question behind all of this is why they even need the ammo. Why does every Federal agency have a Militarized , armed division? It's simple if you look at o's election speech's.

Originally Posted By: jumprightinit
The question behind all of this is why they even need the ammo. Why does every Federal agency have a Militarized , armed division? It's simple if you look at o's election speech's.

Every government agency has always had an internal law enforcement agency. Everyone of them including the Department of Education, the IRS, Social Security, even DHS. Nothing new, even the ammo purchases were made back 20 and 40 years ago. Same with the RFP's, they are business' nightmares, but if you win the contract and they do buy, it can be a good one.

As to the government creating the ammo shortage, read what the NRA has to say about it.
http://bearingarms.com/breaking-dhs-is-not-buying-up-all-the-ammunition/

Quote: Credit is due to the National Rifle Association for debunking conspiracy theories about “the government” causing this crisis. Last month’s issue of American Rifleman, the “official journal of the NRA,” lays out the case for why American gun owners have only themselves to blame for the steep rise in ammunition prices (and the steep fall in ammunition supply).

From 2000 to 2012, the NRA reported, excise taxes received by the federal government on ammunition sales (a proxy for ammo sales per se) roughly tripled in size. The dollar value of actual ammunition sales increased nearly 100% from 2007 to 2012. In real life, the NRA explained this means that ammunition sales “started to climb fast as gun sales began surging” in the run-up to the 2008 presidential election.

In simple terms we are our own worst enemy, people started to hoard ammo after Obama was elected. The civilians, you, me and our friends have bought 3 times as much ammo as they did before. Actually not me, I shoot no more now than before, and my ammo supply stay pretty constant.

At my stores ammo shortages were created by resellers, once the store people created an allotment the shelves started to refill in a hurry. The crew that would buy everything in sight can no longer do that, in the last year I cannot remember not being able to buy ammo that I wanted when I had shot up a couple of boxes. And I get the ammo at RETAIL not some inflated resellers prices.

I buy my ammo at retail also. At about four times to two times the cost for components. All you other guys are running the price up.
wink.gif
I don't understand why people would think ammo will be harder to get just because a few hundred agencies are asking for bids. I used to ask for bids for work all the time. I would get several bids for a job and only pick ONE. But I DID pick one and get the work done.

Hmmmmm. Obvious solution here:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...741#Post2677741

Naaah, that's too simple, besides that, the gubment used to do that (donate surplus ammo to the Director of Civilian Marksmanship to be used by civilian clubs that operated junior rifle marksmanship training programs in compliance w/DCM regulations.) The Director and his staff were actually active duty Army. It was a win-win situation for both the participating clubs, the juniors that had certified coaches working with them, and the military that got the benefit of preliminary marksmanship training given to youngsters, many of whom later entered military service.

Not only did the DCM provide surplus ammo and rifles to clubs, by law, all US military ranges were to be made available for use by civilian clubs (subject, of course, to scheduling compatible w/their primary use by the military).

The DCM was disbanded in 1996 when none other than Bill Clinton was president. Surprised?
rolleyes.gif

Read more about DCM program here:
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/fact-sheets/2004/the-civilian-marksmanship-program.aspx

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hm1996 Hmmmmm. Obvious solution here:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...741#Post2677741

Naaah, that's too simple, besides that, the gubment used to do that (donate surplus ammo to the Director of Civilian Marksmanship to be used by civilian clubs that operated junior rifle marksmanship training programs in compliance w/DCM regulations.) The Director and his staff were actually active duty Army. It was a win-win situation for both the participating clubs, the juniors that had certified coaches working with them, and the military that got the benefit of preliminary marksmanship training given to youngsters, many of whom later entered military service.

Not only did the DCM provide surplus ammo and rifles to clubs, by law, all US military ranges were to be made available for use by civilian clubs (subject, of course, to scheduling compatible w/their primary use by the military).

The DCM was disbanded in 1996 when none other than Bill Clinton was president. Surprised?
rolleyes.gif

Read more about DCM program here:
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/fact-sheets/2004/the-civilian-marksmanship-program.aspx

Regards,
hm

Welfare for shooters. LOL

Well, of course they do, don't you know nuttin? The Pentagon is destroying over a Billion bucks worth of good ammo, so they need more.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher Welfare for shooters. LOL

Not sure I understand your comment, dc.

Are you saying that you don't think this was a prudent use for surplus rifles (M1's and M1 carbines were sold at reasonable cost to qualified civilians and the funds raised went back into the junior marksmanship training program) and ammo (mostly 30-06 & M1-carbine, but also some .22 RF) which were no longer used by US armed forces?

The other option under Bill Clinton's administration was to pay to have these firearms de-militarized at substantial cost to the taxpayers and "pop" the useless ammunition, (which he did, contrary to the existing law) until NRA managed to get that waste halted! Many of the rifles destroyed were M1D's and other scarce collector's items that were (& currently are) fetching a handsome price.

DCM affiliated clubs had to have an NRA certified instructor and could borrow rifles from the DCM to be used in training youngsters , many of which later enlisted in the military.

I would not consider this a "welfare" program, rather a win-win situation and prudent use of tax dollars.

Regards,
hm

Back