The Pain Of Rejection

azmastablasta

Aw what a shame.

Holder Cancels Graduation Speech Amid Protests
AG had been scheduled to address police cadets in Oklahoma City
BY: Alana Goodman April 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Attorney General Eric Holder canceled a speech to a graduating class of police cadets in Oklahoma City on Thursday, after crowds of Oklahomans flocked to the ceremony to protest his appearance.

Protest organizers said Holder’s planned speech to the law enforcement graduates was “inappropriate,” and argued that the attorney general has failed to uphold the law himself.

“A lot of people just felt that it was very inappropriate for this man, with his track record, to speak to law enforcement officers that demand and expect to be backed up by the government working on behalf of the citizens, not against the citizens,” State Rep. Mike Turner (R.), who is running for U.S. congress, told the Washington Free Beacon.

Turner said Holder has flouted the law when it comes to illegal immigration, the “Fast and Furious” gunrunning scandal, and the Second Amendment.

The U.S. House of Representatives held Holder in contempt of Congress in 2012, on the grounds that he was impeding investigations into Fast and Furious.

The Oklahoma City protest made national news Thursday afternoon, after Holder backed out of the speech shortly before the graduation ceremony began.

Holder’s office told the Washington Times that the last-minute cancelation was due to a scheduling issue.

“The attorney general had been looking to addressing the cadets, and regrets he cannot attend in person,” spokesman Brian Fallon told the Washington Times. “He extends his heartfelt congratulations to the cadets and their families.”

Turner called the statement a “comical and convenient excuse.”

Media estimates put the number of protesters at around 100, and Turner said there was a “significant law enforcement presence.”

“There was no shortage of law enforcement officers that also felt very uncomfortable with the idea of him speaking,” said Turner.

Speakers at the protest included former congressman Tom Tancredo from Colorado.

The Department of Justice came under fire earlier this week after it issued more lenient clemency guidelines recommending that offenders without “significant” ties to gangs and drug cartels be considered for amnesty.

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.), former ranking member of the Judiciary Committee, called the new guidelines “an alarming abuse of the pardon power.”

“To unilaterally determine that a sentence was unjustified simply because the president disagrees with the underlying criminal justice policy is a thumb in the eye of the law enforcement officers, prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges, court and prison personnel who put time and resources into these cases,” said Sessions in a statement on Wednesday.

Turner said he hopes the Oklahoma City protest inspires more rallies against Holder across the country.

“I’m kind of surprised nationally, I figured that he’d get more pushback, or more feedback, or static in other places he goes,” said Turner. “Why does Oklahoma have to be the only place that makes a show of it, that gives it a go of calling him out?”

http://freebeacon.com/politics/holder-cancels-graduation-speech-amid-protests/

Much as I as I hate to admit it, my southern neighbors are doing a pretty good job of running off the ne'er-do-wells in their state. First the military funeral protestors and now Holder. Nice work!!

You have to absolutely love that the country we're in is so F'd up in so many bizarre ways.

We have a 'democratically' elected president, twice, that members of his own party asks to not back them because they don't want to lose their jobs.

We have the AG who has been held in contempt of congress, that gets run off because nobody wants him.

We have the entire 'elite' class that ignores whatever laws they themselves have passed and make laws in illegal ways that they then enforce.

We have lies neck deep and the people telling them just giggle when they get called on them because they know exactly squat will happen to them.

It honestly reminds me of my 5 and 7 year old kids. Non-stop rule changes for every game they play depending on their needs at the moment.

[beeep], looking at my first point. Obamamaamamama if he had a brain in his head would be coming out strong in support of every republican candidate out there. Make sure they don't win.

Originally Posted By: NdIndy[beeep], looking at my first point. Obamamaamamama if he had a brain in his head would be coming out strong in support of every republican candidate out there. Make sure they don't win.

Now that's funny right there!!
lol.gif

True... But, Funny!!

Guess all them protestors musta been racists! Now if we could just find the people to start doing this everywhere Obama showed up and started spouting off about what a huge success Obamacare is. Oh but that's right... he passed a law denying the people their first amendment rights where he is present didn't he???

I'm guessing here, but I'd bet my left nut that if enough people showed up, it would turn into another BLM standoff. There wouldn't be enough Secret Service there to deal with it, and they'd load him up and run for Air Force 1.

Careful fellows! I'm a banned racist on another board for starting a thread about Moochee being run outta Kansas.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CastCareful fellows! I'm a banned racist on another board for starting a thread about Moochee being run outta Kansas.

We were a bit surprised (and proud) when the big city kids of Topeka protested the last minute appearance request of the mooch.
The request would have limited attendance to six family members per child. They also stated that the money they had spent on announcements would have been wasted. Way to go kids!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: CastCareful fellows! I'm a banned racist on another board for starting a thread about Moochee being run outta Kansas.

Welcome to The Church!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Guess all them protestors musta been racists! Now if we could just find the people to start doing this everywhere Obama showed up and started spouting off about what a huge success Obamacare is. Oh but that's right... he passed a law denying the people their first amendment rights where he is present didn't he???

I'm guessing here, but I'd bet my left nut that if enough people showed up, it would turn into another BLM standoff. There wouldn't be enough Secret Service there to deal with it, and they'd load him up and run for Air Force 1.

On second thought... we need to find the people to do this on all of Moochelle's vacation hotspots. Pretty soon she'd have to hide her vacations and not be able to rub them all in our faces, and she might even slow down the jetsetting around the world pissing away our money.

I'm trying very hard to stay humble after the ban. It was a bogus call but I'll take my red badge of truth.

Originally Posted By: CastI'm trying very hard to stay humble after the ban. It was a bogus call but I'll take my red badge of truth.
I am sure you would not like to say which board and I won't ask. But I am also pretty sure I would like to be banned from there as well. It seems to me we are not the ones who are angry, just disgusted.

Originally Posted By: CastI'm trying very hard to stay humble after the ban. It was a bogus call but I'll take my red badge of truth.

Been there! Some people simply shouldn't be allowed near the Admin or Moderator functions on the board.

I was hanging out on another shooting site before I found Predator Masters, it too shall remain nameless, suffice to say they think they are the gods of all things guns and let it go there. Made a statement that oozed speculation and supposition, every sentence blatantly screamed speculation and supposition. And, one of the yo-yos appointed to moderate there put me in time out and proceeded to tell me how terrible I was for writing such a post. That he certainly hoped that I wasn't serious about what I had said, and how he almost felt compelled to call the law and have me investigated.

After I got done explaining the [beeep]ing English language to him, he took offense to my presence and turned on the annoyance mod, which made it impossible for me to navigate the board without extreme difficulty, or post anything, because he knew damm good and well I was right and didn't have the balls to admit it.

I like it here much better! The powers that be are much more human!!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: KarlAmen Rocky! Sorta makes ya wish HB would show up and tell us how pretty the Wookie is!

HB should be back shortly, it's almost election time!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: tnshootistRocky, did you explain the Gorilla tape/grenade procedure to that fellow?

Actually the post itself was something along those lines, but it was blatantly wrapped in every direction with "you suppose if" you taped a grenade to their heads and "maybe" found someone "who might" pull the pin, and "IF" the grenade wasn't a dud... EVERY SENTENCE!

The guy had no sense of humor, obviously didn't understand the English language, and knew not what satire was. And, being the arrogant a$$ he was, he really didn't appreciate me explaining all of that to him. Fact is... The other members involved in the thread all got a kick out of the post, he was the only one that took offense to it.

I've been on a lot of forums over the years, was part owner, and thus admin on a web design forum for 6 - 7 years. Spent another 3 - 4 in Admin roll on the biggest forum in Lawn Mower Racing. Said forum was in fact my idea, but someone given a peak at the website I was building for a buddy in the sport, saw the forum link and thought it too cool an idea. He sat down that afternoon and built it, then hunted up admin and moderators to get it all rolling. Since it was my concept, and I was familiar with the control panel of the software used, I was one of the first invited on board in Admin capacity. It was all cool, he had the resources and connections to pull it off in a much grander fashion than I ever could have, and I was simply happy to be a part of it. It served our purpose and drove a LOT of business to all of our websites.

Put another board together for the US Lawn Mower Racing Association, now moved to a blog by their advertising firm, they believe blogs do more for you advertising wise. Which in certain respects they do.

Helped build two boards for a mower racing chapter in Tennessee. The first the server wigged out a month or so into things, and I was able to sneak in and rescue all of the data for the guy in charge, move it to the new board, and repost it all. That one is still up and running. Built a website and a board for a local mower racing club in Missouri, club itself fell apart a few years later. Served in admin capacity on all of those boards at one time. Helped 2 - 3 others build boards for their local clubs/chapters. Had mod or admin priviledges on most.

So yeah, I've banned my share of forum goers, but never over anything trivial. If they violated the rules, the rules were not just explained, but I also explained why that was admin's position in most cases, listened to their side of things if it was a controversial issue, and they got a warning; most got more than one warning, but if they blatantly violated the rules after the first warning, they went away. Encountered a group of kids that caused a lot of problems on the mower forums for awhile, and we kinda set up a network amongst all of us that donated our time, to track them from forum to forum and prevent them from creating trouble. There was a time I could track an IP address in my sleep, in fact I frequently did.

Throughout all of that however, I personally, (and I have always tried to impress upon other members of the admin and moderator teams), try to keep it human, and at least a little fun. Some boards as a whole, and some admin/moderators in particular, get way carried away enforcing every last little rule; a thread is never allowed to wander off topic, no humor may ever be interjectected. The fact is however, all conversations in our day to day lives, wander off topic sooner or later, humor is interjected in conversations all of the time. So why should a forum board be any different? That is the one of the biggest reasons I hang out here in the church!! It simply fits my style. Not to mention I get away with duct taping all those hand grenades to deserving people's heads!!

But seriously... Having worked on several admin/moderator teams, I can tell you all, the guys here are a great team in many respects. The guys/gals that oversee one of these boards log way more hours than you would think. In fact, it's often a second full time job for at least some admin members on any board, and to be perfectly honest with you... the pay sucks!
wink.gif

Shoot 'em all a PM occasionally and tell them you appreciate their efforts. Not only will they appreciate being appreciated, it'll tie them up so we can get away with more in the backroom!!
lol.gif

Great post Rocky. I do enjoy the serious and humor side of things in the Church. I guess I am one of the worst to get off subject, but most know to ignore me by now if they want to. Sometimes my humor is not understood or funny to other people, but I mean no real harm. I hope people can tell when I am serious and when I am sarcastic or just silly. A good chuckle is worth it's weight in gold now days. Everyone knows we are just joking about the grenade, we would never do that, it would be way to loud and draw to much attention.

Back