dpms lo pro upper

sniper81

i got one of these last week,tried it at the range the other day,and it seems like it is short stroking, i called dpms about the problem the rep said to soak the bcg in clp and shoot it, i thought that wasnt correct so i called today and asked a different rep and he said the same thing, anyone else have this problem with their dpms, the problems are after it shoots it wont load the next round out of the mag,and sometimes it will stovepipe

its brand new, I have seen a few that take some range time to break in. Lube the snot out of it and try again. Tear it down when done and clean well, re-lube as normal and go shoot it.

I had one do the same as yours when new. I lubed it up heavy like Midwest said and it ran great. Also if you haven't done so already clean up the factory grease they put on the inside of the rifle before shooting it. It's more of a lube for storage than for shooting.

yeah i cleaned it when i got it it was full of oil, ill try soaking the bcg in clp this friday and shoot it to see if it changes

Sniper81,,,Chuck a section of your cleaning rod into a drill motor (cordless) with a chamber brush installed...Add a few drops of lubricant to the brush and spin the brush in the chamber for 20-30 seconds and then clean the chamber with patches until all debris is removed..Lightly lube the chamber and shoot approx 100 rounds through the weapon...You will have no more problems...

I've made that part if my cleaning routine after an action match where high round count rapid fire is involved and never had a problem since..That solution was suggested to me many years ago when the same problem existed...

checked the gas block its tight, when i go to the range today im going to try my old bcg out of my stag to see if it cycles if it does then ill oil up the newer bcg and shoot some factory ammo through it

Back