Stolen guns and state rings

clayreid

My buddy Mitch had his house broken into in the middle of the day Friday in Stamford Texas . The thieves stole a Ruger .220 Swift , Savage 22.250 , an AR15 several shotguns , his Bow and his boys two state championship rings from the last two years . if anybody heres of anything give me a call 940-631-8820

That stinks. We watched the end of the Stamford game this year waiting for our boys to play. It would really upset my son if his state ring got stolen. Those things don't grow on trees for sure, it is a whole lot more than just a piece of metal.

clayreid, is he a member of the Southwest Cattle Raisers Assn.? If so he needs to call the Ranger that is in his district. They and the Game Wardens were the ones that solved the home invasions in my area. The culprits got 15 years and they recovered 95% of the stolen items. Very and I mean VERY aggressive investigators.

If you are involved in ag you need to be a member of this organization.

If he is currently an NRA member, be sure to remind him to file a claim on the FREE firearms insurance provided to each member.

Regards
hm

I hate that. Happened to me last in 1974. Matching model 12's a 101 and a couple of doubles even Browning .22. I swear I'd know them if I saw them today. I hate freaking thieves.

I've not posted on this thinking it would be out of place for me to say anything but Stamford is not all that far from me so this makes this situation pretty sensitive for me and my community as this same thing happened to three houses here. I talked to clayreid right after he posted and the perpetrator has confessed and the thief was well known (of course, same deal here) to his friend. Drugs are at the bottom of this, no surprise, and a solution it trying to be worked out without destroying someone's life.

I hope clayreid comes on here and fills in the details as he told me he would.

Gentlemen...spend a $1,000 or $1,500 and get a gun safe, and keep it on lock down. Sounds like a lot of $, but if you have to replace 1 gun you've got your money back. Keep all important documents in there too. It's a shame we have to do this. Take time and look around you and at society. It's only gonna get worse! Happened to me and my dad as a kid. Lazy Duds stole our guns. It's taken 30 yrs to get the collection built back up, and they're all on lockdown now!

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnGentlemen...spend a $1,000 or $1,500 and get a gun safe, and keep it on lock down. Sounds like a lot of $, but if you have to replace 1 gun you've got your money back. Keep all important documents in there too. It's a shame we have to do this. Take time and look around you and at society. It's only gonna get worse! Happened to me and my dad as a kid. Lazy Duds stole our guns. It's taken 30 yrs to get the collection built back up, and they're all on lockdown now!

Excellent advice LI!

If you store your important documents in a gun safe, be sure to put them in a fireproof box as most gun safes are not air tight, thus not fire proof for paper.

Understand there is newer technology that seals the door of gunsafe if exposed to sufficient heat; this may take care of the issue, but older safes are only fire proof for wood/metal firearms, not paper.

Regards,
hm

Back