Tom downn in TX, MOJO Magic is back at it !

yotecatslayer34

Hey guys its been awhile.. Went to one of my favorite cat spots on Good Friday (yest.) Figured I would give it a go as I had the day off work and heard / talked with the rancher that he lost 4 calves in about 1 week
sneaky2.gif

Same setup as most other times sitting on a dirt trail overlooking a stock tank surrounded by a thick treeline. With all of the failures here lately I knew I had to change something... Start off with calf and pup dist. for around 20 min with nothing showing. Slowly go into a series of Happy Bird, Death Kiss, and pup / chicken fight with still nothing at the 1 hr mark. Scan in silence with nothing so I go back to some old favorites. Duel Cotton and jack on mid volume Praying something would just $*($!% come in ! Approx 1 hr 30 min mark and there he is.... Saw him locked on the decoy about 80yds away like a statue. Locked on the decoy, I tried to lower the volume on Q-Jack and Wow- He came on a dead run and then to a halt looking right in my direction. Wanted to get video on my GoPro but didn't feel I had time to jack with it.

Raised up and Prayed to God he was still there, 7mm-08 @ 60 yds DRT. Felt wrong to me though lol, my trusty 870 has been in the shop for 2 months now with some sort of trigger grouping problem
thumbdown.gif

SM8Vo3D.jpg

Gj1DAGP.jpg

E9CJ2w3.jpg

Good Friday it was indeed! Thanks to God, all of you fine gentlemen here at PM, and Team MOJO. God Bless-

Last edited:
Thanks for All of the kind words gentlemen, most appreciated ! Happy Easter to you and your families, God Bless -

tugboater- Thanks, Amen Sir !

Smokeater5- Thanks ! Exactly, Patience is one of my key points I try to Stress to fellow hunters *and fishermen alike*. I don't have a bunch of property so I have to deal with the cards I've been dealt, for patience is a Virtue.

wmig2- Thank you !

trooperjd- Thank you !

Dewey NY- Thanks ! I love it too.

old folks- Thanks! I've had luck with chicken dist, just not lately. The chicken / pup fight is a good 1 too.

Infidel 762- Amen 2 that Sir! I agree, they are unique indeed.

Chupathingy- Haha, I reckon it can be a few things.. The Good Lord, primetime habitat, some luck, and Patience !

garyinhouston- Thank you Sir !

That's a beautifully marked cat!

Man, if I sat for an hour and a half I'd need a winch truck to get me back up! I find it's a lot farther "up" than it was when I started hunting some 65 years ago.
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

hm1996- Thanks! LoL- Yea, sitting on stand for that long isn't easy. I just keep at it, because I know with patience.. comes reward.

elkhunter2002- Thanks, appreciated ! Happy Birthday as well -

Happy Easter and God Bless !

Beautiful cat! That is showing a whole lot of patience too. More than I have, which is probably why I don't call many cats.

Back