Air skinning?

Techy

Does anyone here do any air skinning? It looks like it would make things easier. Are there any down sides to it? Will it do anything to the pelt that will hurt the value?

Maybe this has been covered a bunch but I haven't seen much online.

Thanks

Tried it a little last year and seemed to work some times and not on others. Just quit messing with it after a while because it didn't seem to be much help if any.

Good part about air skinning is it does help loosen up coyotes.

Bad part is your like me and push things to the limit then watch out, I blew up a fox one day and it peed all over me.

It's a fun novelty, but doesn't really have any benefit that's worth doing it too often for me. Like others have mentioned, it can speed things up a bit on a cold job, but can also end up blasting you with pee or worse.

Originally Posted By: EJ ReichenbachGood part about air skinning is it does help loosen up coyotes.

Bad part is your like me and push things to the limit then watch out, I blew up a fox one day and it peed all over me.

I just peed on myself. That's darn funny

If it's really cold out on a cold critter it doesn't help. Tried it on a coyote I shot the night before on a subzero day, froze back to the carcass very quickly. I like using it a lot on ones that aren't fresh.

Back