Redfield revenge sunshades?

Xw00dsrac3rX

I have a Redfield revenge 6-18x44 scope and Im looking for a sunshade for it. I tried multiple Leupold sunshades from Cabelas the other day and none of them fit.

I also purchased a 44mm Mueller brand sunshade and its just off a little bit.

I called Redfield (now Leupold) and asked them and they told me that theres certainly some out there that fit but they dont have a definite answer right now to tell me since they are still adjusting to the acquisition.

So, short of spending hundreds of dollars on every sunshade in 44mm offering, does anyone know of a sunshade that will fit?

Surely someone has to have a sunshade on a Redfield scope.

Originally Posted By: Xw00dsrac3rXI have a Redfield revenge 6-18x44 scope and Im looking for a sunshade for it. I tried multiple Leupold sunshades from Cabelas the other day and none of them fit.

I also purchased a 44mm Mueller brand sunshade and its just off a little bit.

I called Redfield (now Leupold) and asked them and they told me that theres certainly some out there that fit but they dont have a definite answer right now to tell me since they are still adjusting to the acquisition.

So, short of spending hundreds of dollars on every sunshade in 44mm offering, does anyone know of a sunshade that will fit?

Surely someone has to have a sunshade on a Redfield scope.

I know this is kind of an old thread but I have the same scope and would like to know the answer to this myself. I just got off the phone with a leupold rep who said they dont know what might fit it.... Anyone found a solution? Thanks

I have a 3-9 revolution and a 2.5" matte leupold sunshade screwed right in. Its for post 2004 models if that helps. I interchange between that and my mark ar 3-9

Originally Posted By: greengt88The revolution is essentially a VX1 i different clothing.

Not even close...Different coatings, different gas fill, different glass all together and it is a 2 piece tube vs 1 pieces for the VX-1. Still a decent scope, but the newest production of the VX-1 is a better scope.

The Redfield Revenge is a completely different animal. Made in the Philippines, and not really similar in characteristics to the Revolution.

The 6-18 redfield is a 44mm lens. Could be wrong but I dont believe leupold offers a 44mm. At least not in a vx1 vx2 or vx3. Thats why it leaves you scratching your head looking for a sunshade

VX-1 is a 2-piece tube I believe. The VX-1 is a better scope than the Revolution, and not the same.

Can't help on the 44mm sunshade....

Yeah I spoke with them on the phone too and they said that they don't support aftermarket accessories for the redfield's.

I was not that happy with that because they obviously own them and if they don't support that stuff, then who does?

I do think that the warranty is still covered but knowing all this now, I will be just upgrading to a leupold or something else should I need a another scope. I was told that they were the same company so the same rules apply but that's not the case.

Its a threaded objective and will definitely accept a 44mm sunshade but which one is the question. Im not going to be the one spending $300 on shades to find out.

One need only look at amount of internal adjustment to know VXs are not the same scopes as Redfields, which have much less internal travel available(amongst other differences)......

Leupold 4-12X = 67 MOA

Leupold 6-18X = 67 MOA

Redfield 4-12X = 50 MOA

Revenge 6-18X = 36 MOA

A long range scope with only 36 MOA does NOT interest me. In comparison, my beloved Mark 4 16X has 140 MOA. Couple that with a 20 MOA base, and you can shoot into the next zip code. I also have a 20 MOA base on my 6-18x40 Mark 2, giving it 87 MOA. I would highly suggest a 20 MOA base for the Revenge....

Some sunshades definitely fit other brands. If you do enough reasearch, I'm sure you can find some info on the Redfield, as you are not the first to have this problem.....

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOne need only look at amount of internal adjustment to know VXs are not the same scopes as Redfields, which have much less internal travel available(amongst other differences)......

Leupold 4-12X = 67 MOA

Leupold 6-18X = 67 MOA

Redfield 4-12X = 50 MOA

Revenge 6-18X = 36 MOA

A long range scope with only 36 MOA does NOT interest me. In comparison, my beloved Mark 4 16X has 140 MOA. Couple that with a 20 MOA base, and you can shoot into the next zip code. I also have a 20 MOA base on my 6-18x40 Mark 2, giving it 87 MOA. I would highly suggest a 20 MOA base for the Revenge....

The redfield has a holdover reticle really similar to the leupold varmint hunters reticle (minus dots for windage). However I just started putting together another 22-250 and this time I sprang for the leupold 6-18 target. This version has the target turrets and according to leupold 60 moa elevation and windage adjustment. The redfield is roughly $200 less and its a really nice scope for what it is but I think im gonna go to twisting turrets and enjoying the better leupold support and quality. Id still love to find a shade for the revenge though. No point in ditching it. Does a fine job on the rifle its installed on

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: greengt88The revolution is essentially a VX1 i different clothing.

Not even close...Different coatings, different gas fill, different glass all together and it is a 2 piece tube vs 1 pieces for the VX-1. Still a decent scope, but the newest production of the VX-1 is a better scope.

The Redfield Revenge is a completely different animal. Made in the Philippines, and not really similar in characteristics to the Revolution.

Off the top of my head, same glass as the old loopy, coated instead of fully multi-coated.

I have an OLD vx1 that I've been using forever, clarity wise I put the redfields revenge (have 2 or 3 of them) on par with it. Pretty decent for the money will be the best glass 75% of shooters ever use (making up numbers). I wouldn't compare it to new models though, at all. Definitely wouldn't expect to see a $500-1000 scope for $200 with a name change. Making up numbers again, don't know off hand what the new vx1 costs.

Back