# 2 Bobcat drying board (HELP)

gordy99

Well I think I need to use a different type board. I can't get the cat skin off my board. I have taken a thin ruler and worked it all around under the skin where I could but just can't it to slide off the board. What do I do ? Wet the skin ?
Thanks for any advice.
gordy
Bobcat006.jpg

Did you use a belly board? Hold the board about waist high and let it drop straight down on the nose a couple of times on a hard surface. Either hook the nose on something or have someone hold it while you try to remove the board. I've done that when hides stick to boards, even with a belly board. For those times I let them dry to long fur in, I have used damp newspaper wrapped around to loosen them up so I could turn them, not sure it works fur out.

Last edited:
Peel it off of the board slowly turning it inside out, kinda like an inside out sock.

Apply light moisture to the non fur side as you go, just enough to get it to unstick and peel him off very gently.

Any way you do it, it's gonna be slow and painstaking.

Originally Posted By: John56Did you use a belly board? Hold the board about waist high and let it drop straight down on the nose a couple of times on a hard surface. Either hook the nose on something or have someone hold it while you try to remove the board. I've done that when hides stick to boards, even with a belly board.

Good advice. That will almost always work.

Originally Posted By: Linvol WebbAlso if you have a freezer big enough put in wait a day take it out should slide off board.

X2

Well I tried all the above. I was unable to get it loose enough to slide off so I split-crushed the board and got it off. That board and the other 3 are in the scrap pile. I'll have some adjustable ones as soon I find some at a reason price or have time to make them myself.
Who makes a good bobcat board ?

gordy

Contact O'Gormans out of Broadus Montana. They sell basswood Steffanik stretchers. Really nice. Or Fur Country Lures out of Jordan Mt. They carrey Graws that are also really good. I like the Grawes bobcat stretcher better than the Seffanik but both really nice.

no belly board and no fur removal.I like inch and a half boards,and be sure to taper right and shove all the way to the nose.

Back