Lil'Gun

eyeman

I am obtaining bullets powder for a new rifle, in a caliber I have never owned or loaded for. The caliber is 17 hornet. I have been having the most problem with powder right now. I found
a large jug of Lil'Gun 5 lbs i think it was . That's a bunch of powder at 10 grs per shot . I was wondering if any of you guys would share some of your other caliber applications for Lil'Gun. I was hoping find more calibers that could be a good fit for the powder. Thanks for any and all info in advance .

As far as I'm concerned anyway, Lil' Gun is THE powder for the .221 Fireball. I get way over 3500 FPS out of my little FurBall using 16 grains of the stuff with a 40 grain bullet. Works amazingly well on prairie dogs. Took a nice coyote with it too.

I think that it probably is at its best as a powder for magnum revolver rounds, but it sure does work good for little rifle cases as well. I bet that you will have good luck with it too. Hope so anyway.

Originally Posted By: eyemanI am obtaining bullets powder for a new rifle, in a caliber I have never owned or loaded for. The caliber is 17 hornet. I have been having the most problem with powder right now. I found
a large jug of Lil'Gun 5 lbs i think it was . That's a bunch of powder at 10 grs per shot . I was wondering if any of you guys would share some of your other caliber applications for Lil'Gun. I was hoping find more calibers that could be a good fit for the powder. Thanks for any and all info in advance .

I will tell you what I can do to help you out. I got a lb of lil gun that I will trade for your 5lb can of lil gun. I pay shipping both ways with hazmat also. LOL

I use 13.2g of lil gun in my K-hornet and get a tad over 3600fps with 35g v-maxes. about 530rnds per pound of powder so im well stocked for a couple rat seasons

I use a bit of Lil Gun from time to time with big case revolvers like .44mag, .45Colt, and .454C. It's usually one of the faster powders in those cases for me, and I've started to rank it up there with 2400, H110, and Win 296 for my uses.

FWIW, the guys over at Saubier.com as a whole don't like Lilgun for the 17 Hornet - they've been seeing pressure spikes in that caliber with that powder. It's great in the 22 Hornet, 221 FB, the 44 Mag and others.

I did not have good luck with it out of my CZ527. The accuracy was "so-so" and was having pressure problems at the so called minimum load. AA1680 has worked a million times better for both 20 and 25gr applications.

Back