22-250 ai

tdoyka

i've recently got some money and i decided to buy a new gun barrel
thumbup.gif
. it will be a tc encore in 22-250 ackely improved, 27" mgm factory heavy barrel. my question is, what should the rate if twist be? 1 in 8" or 1 in 9". bullets will be 60-75gr to shoot groundhogs, foxes, and 'yotes, from 250yrds out to where ever. my 20 vartarg takes 'em out to 250-300yrds.
i know the ai is only getting about 150fps and i won't be using it. i am more concerned about the brass and lack of trimming.
i think i got everything, sorry if i messed up something, i'm disabled
unsure.gif
thanks...

Last edited:
I would sure opt for a bolt action over a TC, hings pins, lock up, barrel bedding, etc.

My AI's have always shot in the area of .200 for three shot groups with the 55's at 4050 fps out of 26-27" barrels. You can suck the top of their skull caps off at 300 yards.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanI would sure opt for a bolt action over a TC, hings pins, lock up, barrel bedding, etc.

My AI's have always shot in the area of .200 for three shot groups with the 55's at 4050 fps out of 26-27" barrels. You can suck the top of their skull caps off at 300 yards.

my tc encore in 20 vartarg with a 16 1/4 mgm heavy barrel will do .2" at 100 yards. .5" at 100yards was my worst. i think the encore will do alright!
thumbup1.gif

Back