NV on my bolt action

5spd

D740 sitting on my 6x45 for now. My raised pad puts my cheekweld perfectly inline without any funky don't feel right placement.
Overall we don't see many NV rigs on a bolt action.
My next build for nights is a 6x6.8 lightweight rig with this scope on it, 22" bbl and threaded for a suppressor.

Aquila on my 308, I'll get the 500+ yard coyote or hog one night
have change stock to a PRS and the cheek weld is right on

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 5spdD740 sitting on my 6x45 for now. My raised pad puts my cheekweld perfectly inline without any funky don't feel right placement.
My next build for nights is a 6x6.8 lightweight rig with this scope on it, 22" bbl and threaded for a suppressor.

Tell us (well me too) about your blaster? Who built it, barrel, twist what type of accuracy using what ammo?

I love bolt guns!

Vic

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: 5spdD740 sitting on my 6x45 for now. My raised pad puts my cheekweld perfectly inline without any funky don't feel right placement.

Tell us (well me too) about your blaster? Who built it, barrel, twist what type of accuracy using what ammo?
I love bolt guns! Vic

I built this in 2011 strictly for coyote & antelope.
6x45 on a Savage SA, McGowan SS 24" varmint bbl from NSS, .250" SS lug, 1/10" twisted, savage #2 basic trigger, original plastic stock, hand painted by me, EGW rail. I run a BSA 6-24x44 platinum target scope on it for day shooting that I bought in the early 80s when they were being made in Japan. It been covered in rain, snow, mud, fog, dropped to many times to count and refuses to give up.
Its got over 300 coyote and 9 antelope to its credit. Deadly as a charm to 600 yards and cost was under $600 total.

Originally Posted By: 5spd^^ I want to know how much weight that added.
What unit do you have? Believe it or not spartan1 talked me into buying 1 along with him It's a Simrad KN-203 FAB. The weight is close to 3lbs, ITT gen3 tube. It's a big horse, but it's performance is unbelievable! Targets can be engaged out to 1,000 meters easily with a good glass behind it. He's a long range shooter, I just plink around with mine at 300-400 meters @ 10x with ease.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: Spartan1Logger has it nailed. They are very impressive unit. A bit large but they perform large. You found me an impressive piece of NV Hurry up and find me a bolt gun so I can post up here with my ROTARY FONE!
w00t.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: the impactzoneI now have NV envy That 410 yard kill you made last fall would be a chip shot with this devise. What I like is the variance in powers you can use. 20x will start getting a little cloudy...... Now back to the bolt guns!

Originally Posted By: the impactzonewhats a beast like that run $$$$?
I googled last night a bit and saw used ones for $3300 and up.
I just redid my mount tonight and got it all lowered by a whopping 1/2" by changing my EGW 1pc base back to a Ironsighter 1pc & hand filing a new slot in it as well.
More bolt guns w/NV needed here.

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnI'm thinking about $8 new. Where can I get 6 of them for that price of $8 ea..........................:)

Originally Posted By: 5spd Originally Posted By: Loggers InnI'm thinking about $8 new. Where can I get 6 of them for that price of $8 ea..........................:) That's 8 bills to be exact.

Originally Posted By: 5spdOriginally Posted By: the impactzonewhats a beast like that run $$$$?
I googled last night a bit and saw used ones for $3300 and up.
I just redid my mount tonight and got it all lowered by a whopping 1/2" by changing my EGW 1pc base back to a Ironsighter 1pc & hand filing a new slot in it as well.
More bolt guns w/NV needed here.

Agreed!

Aquila_zpse5ab7905.jpg

Back