leupold/redfield warranty

dog driller

i have been looking at leupolds and redfields and really like the lifetime warranty as i always understood it BUT on some dealer/seller websites i am seeing lifetime limited warranty and these are on redfield revolutions /revenge and leupold vx-1.
manufacture says lifetime ---- which is it? -- am i missing something? thanks for any help.

Leupold stands by their equipment, period. They will cover Leupold products.

Quote:THE REDFIELD “NO EXCUSES” FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY
Redfield non-electronics products are warranted for as long as the owner owns them. We warrant them to be free of defects in materials and workmanship and function at a high level under normal use conditions. If at any time a Redfield non-electronic product is found to have a defect in materials or workmanship, Redfield will, at our discretion, repair or replace it free of charge, when requested by the original owner.

Quote:Leupold Golden Ring® Full Lifetime Guarantee

If any Leupold Golden Ring® product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, Leupold & Stevens, Inc. will repair, or if repair is not possible, either replace the product or refund the purchase price, whichever you prefer. FREE. Even if you are not the original owner. No warranty card is required. No time limit applies. This warranty excludes electronic components, which are subject to the limited two-year warranty below.

Good friend of mine bought a loopy at a garage sale for $10, broken reticle. He sent it to the manufacturer to be fixed. A few weeks later a box arrived with a NIB $700 scope. The one he sent was too old, they didn't carry parts for it.

Ive kept an eye out for broken optics ever since
laugh.gif

Back