Fox Pro Fury question

dvp18

I picked one of these up recently when it was on sale and the one thing I can't seem to figure out about it is whether or not I can turn the unit on and off with just the remote.

Can you turn it on using the remote if the switch on the unit is in the "off" position?

tHE remote will not turn the unit on and off----off and on is controlled by the caller not the remote. FoxPro does make a unit that can be totally controlled by the remote.

Well that sucks. Seems like that would be a handy feature and would be fairly standard on something that expensive.

I have not found it hard or any disadvantage to turn it on using the knob. I really see no benefit to having a function like that.

Originally Posted By: reb8600I have not found it hard or any disadvantage to turn it on using the knob. I really see no benefit to having a function like that.

Never caused me any problem either.

The Scorpion could be turned on with the remote. Only advantage I could see was if you wanted to put your ecaller out the night before and slip in next morning and not have to place your ecaller. All in all, I'd much rather turn it on when I place the ecaller.

I have a nice field to the north of my house that has 3000 acres behind it and I'd like to be able to take it out and set in the field in the evening and come back a few hours later and sit on the back porch and play it. Not a huge concern, but it would be a nice convenience. As it is, I just turn it on with the volume all the way down and then use the remote when I'm ready to turn it up.

Back