Speaking of Rattlesnakes........

hm1996

Staff member
...... Recieved these pics in an e.mail today; supposedly some Texas rattlers but cannot confirm. Looks like it could very well be Del Rio/Rio Grande City terrain?

35682806815_e903626f36_o.jpg

35682806855_5137bf0a13_o.jpg

35682806915_af97ea5e6a_o.jpg

35682806865_4270da2273_o.jpg

I much prefer this type
grin.gif
:

35682806945_fffb63bef5_o.jpg

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishmating ritual

Actually it is a dominating dance between two males. Very rare to witness this. They try to push the opponent to the ground by forcing his head down. Both of those are big snakes and would make nice trophy's. The experts have not figured out why they do this or what provokes them to start the ritual. I have spent 65 years living with, hunting them by digging out their dens in the winter and killing them when I see them and I have never witnessed this and only know one person that has.

Originally Posted By: rockinbbarAll I see is a perfect shot for a 2-fer...
cool.gif

Yep, one good shot would take care of the situation.

Those are big scutters for sure. Makes me glad copperheads are all I have to contend with.

That's just great. The snakes are going vertical now. Snake boot don't mean jack. I need snake proof bib overalls.

P.S. It kind of symbolic of the demoncrat and republitard parties when congress is in session.

Last edited:
The last pic is one of a good snake
thumbup.gif

I have the self tanned hide of one almost that big that came close to nailing me while I was Gold prospecting in the Sierra Nevadas

Where I live the biggest one I've killed was just over 3.5 feet. With a strike length of two thirds their body length, I don't have a shovel long enough for those two or the one you're holding. No thank you!

Back