Why we are headed west!! Some clips from last year.

jglynn

This is the reason we are heading west again this year!! These are a few videos from our trip last year. I know alot of you guys have seen them, but I know there are some new guys that may enjoy. Thanks..

location is to remain a secret.lol. the dogs are curs and cur crosses. and coyotes are faster than 90% of dogs.

Originally Posted By: jglynnlocation is to remain a secret.lol. the dogs are curs and cur crosses. and coyotes are faster than 90% of dogs.

Great videos man... trust me, keep your location a secret, cause if you tell it, people will come, FROM ALL OVER.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: jglynnlocation is to remain a secret.lol. the dogs are curs and cur crosses. and coyotes are faster than 90% of dogs.

Great videos man... trust me, keep your location a secret, cause if you tell it, people will come, FROM ALL OVER.

Wait a minute, if he's heading on a trip west, there's a good chance he's hunting someone else's "secret" spot. "people will come, FROM ALL OVER" lol.
I hear ya though, ten years ago I would've called you a crazy nut case for keeping your coyote spots secret. Now, I'll call you smart.

I think hunting with dogs is great especially with decoy dogs. Don't get me wrong here I do not condone sports with dogs but I do have a question? Not sure if it ever been discussed on open forum or not but here it is. Why do some condone dog fighting but yet they see it is alright to have dogs fight wild animals and some times to death? Is it not the same other than one is legal and the other is not because the animal is wild? Like I said,I don't mind it, just curious of the answers. Eventually the coyote gets killed one way or another. Thanks. Dan

Originally Posted By: doa
I hear ya though, ten years ago I would've called you a crazy nut case for keeping your coyote spots secret. Now, I'll call you smart.

Well, some people still call me a crazy nut case... LOL.

Dogs have been used to take game since the beginning of time. but when you put Fido fighting Fido, then people get all bent out of shape. I dont condone dog fighting, because to me they have no choice but to fight or die. My dogs do hook up with a coyote at times but there is always the option to get back to a safe spot. and regaurdless if i take a dog or not, a coyote is going to die, so it is just rather i wana see a good show before i kill it or not. i choose to see a good show first.

I seen vids of them in action and it is a rush to watch. I find decoying would be my choice over chase with hounds. But calling only a couple a year not sure worth having a dog. Plus here in PA, decoy dogs I think are illegal to use but running them with hounds are allowed. I will have to double check that reg out but sure that I am correct. Thanks. Dan

I don't care about stealing spots was wondering what part of country, I've taken people to spots for years lost plenty of them and would again its what its all about I get more out of helping people and putting them on animals or fish than I would myself.

I really like the working dogs but doubt I'd ever be able to own one.

The problem is when you take someone to some good spots and then they hear how you call and see how you setup. After a few stands a day for 4 or 5 days they have a pretty good clue how to get it done. Next thing you know, they are going there when you are not there. Then, they start taking their other buddies and showing them the same thing. Then the process starts over and over. This is how spots get ruined and calling sequences get less effective.

I just choose not to show anything anymore! Been burned too many times and lost thousands of acres because they knew the same landowners I did and got permission and now hunt that 1,000 acres 3 times a week.

Now, I do have a new rule. If you want to hunt with me, I will come to your place and do my thing on your calling ground. Or you can go out and get permission on some new places and I will come hunt with you. But noone, besides my wife, kids, and close hunting partners gets to step foot on the places I have acquired on my own.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dan158I think hunting with dogs is great especially with decoy dogs. Don't get me wrong here I do not condone sports with dogs but I do have a question? Not sure if it ever been discussed on open forum or not but here it is. Why do some condone dog fighting but yet they see it is alright to have dogs fight wild animals and some times to death? Is it not the same other than one is legal and the other is not because the animal is wild? Like I said,I don't mind it, just curious of the answers. Eventually the coyote gets killed one way or another. Thanks. Dan

Big difference between Dog Fights and Dogs decoying.

I hunted with Btech29 and Spot a while back, he told me that Spot has never bled due to coyotes biting her.

If & when the coyotes engage your decoy dog(s)and if you see a potential threat to your dog? You dispatch the Threat!!

Back