A string of good luck

tugboater

I have been out 4 times in the last 2 weeks, only doing one stand each time on the count of I need to get home and help get my girls ready for school. I've shot coyotes on three of the four stands. I want to thank you all for the input in getting me this far. I fell like I'm starting to become a predator hunter:) that and I've been doing a lot of loading and shooting,witch helps a bunch. I'm more comfortable laying prone than with the sticks but my last two yotes I got off of the sticks I made, witch is cool because my 243 is a woping 14lbs. All three yotes came in at 17 to 21 min ranging from 42yards to140. The one I got this morning came in as a pair. I hit one at 140 then noticed the other at about 250 yards and couldn't get him to stop. I didn't fell comfortable making a moving shot at that range on my sticks so I didn't take a shot. Anyway here are some pics.491243.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited:
Sweet... I've been doing the same... Days when the wind is low I head out straight after work and make one good stand and I sit it out till dark... Got one last night around the 40 minute mark... Most have been around 30 minutes and they come in slow... Surprising I am getting more females than males coming in to vocals and pup distress... A few rodent and bird distress, anything but rabbit...they know that tune well this time of year;)

Thanks for sharing the pics...

Thanks all. I also would like to add, that I do realize yote hunting this time of year is highly fround on. And seeing as I don't have much of a conscience I figured I would try and help
out a farmer that is planning on raising and releasing pheasants on several pieces of property.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisNice and that is some great looking country!

Thanks mr. Poppadopalis
If you look real hard and take the time ,there is some beautiful country around here.
Everywhere for that matter!

Congratulations on all the Coyotes Tugboater.....kill them all,I never pass up a chance no matter what the time of year!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: GTOHunterCongratulations on all the Coyotes Tugboater.....kill them all,I never pass up a chance no matter what the time of year!
wink.gif

thumbup1.gif

Back