Conn. officials tell gun owners to relinquish or destroy banned assault weapons

Originally Posted By: cmil84Ok I thought that the FFL holder (gun salesman) had to keep his books up to date from the past 10 years. So that if there was a crime they could get the serial number off the weapon used and find out where that gun was sold and who was the person who purchased it. If that is all true it would be an easy way for them to figure out who all has firearms in the state. I believe though the FFL holder only has to show the books if there is a warrant. Now this may all be untrue. I dont know for sure but that is how I always understood it. Correct me if I am wrong.

I know that Minnesota keeps the records on file for 5 years. Also, the gun is not registered under your name, it's registered under the FFL dealer or whoever legally sold it to you IE: someone that has a Class III license.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:That's a good one! Look at how many cops are criminals now. Most big cities are run by police forces with extensive records of police criminality.....Snaggletoof,,,I would seriously challenge you to produce the specific facts on that statement...While there may be a couple that slip through background checks and I have a much lower opinion of current hiring practices/standards, that is one that is still pretty consistent...The biggest problem is when one is under a forced resignation for some reason and is then hired by another department because the first one was not open about the reason for the resignation/termination...

That's almost like saying look how many "assualt weapons" cause deaths around this country. We all know it's low. But it takes 1 bad apple to ruin the bushel.

What do you think they learned from Nevada?
When people in Conn. get a opertunity to show what kind of guts they have like we seen last weekend.
and the rest of the country follows suit, we may get America back for a few more decades.

Last edited:
Back