Dead on Case trimmer - FANTASTIC PRODUCT!!!!

Bob L. Swagger

Recently, I decided I wanted to try out the Little Crow Gun Works Worlds finest case trimmer 2 due to the positive reviews that I read on various forums. I purchased the trimmer & 3 common trim chambers from Brownells. Unfortunately I had to place an order directly with LCGW LLC. for a 7 SAUM trim chamber (since Brownells didn't stock this item), in which dealing with the proprietor of said company turned out to be a headache in itself as you can see here:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...616#Post2667616

With that aside, I did like the product that LCGW was peddling, but I felt it was lacking something & could have been improved upon in some way. Fortunately, I was directed by Billsauk to take a look at the Dead on case trimmer. I sent a text to Dustin (Owner of D.O.C.T. & a fantastic person to deal with) with a request for his product, he almost immediately replied back and provided his paypal payment information. Dustin explained that his trimmer and the WFT2 trimmers use the same bearing system, so I wouldn't need to purchase any trim chambers since I already had them. Being that I didn't need an insert with my trimmer, Dustin took it upon himself to upgrade my cutter from the high speed steel cutter to the carbide cutter, free of charge (this was extremely nice of him & was totally unexpected). A few hours later, I received a shipment notice and a tracking number. Not only is Dustin fantastic to deal with, he is also a stickler for QUICK SHIPPING as well!! It doesn't get any better than that!

A few days later, I received the dead on case trimmer and I must admit that it is a similar, yet FAR SUPERIOR product to the WFT2. Setup of the Dead on case trimmer is a breeze and is VERY easy to adjust to EXACTLY the desired length you require due to the micrometer adjustment (a feature lacked by the WFT2).

On a side note, the Dead on case trimmer actually works out to be less expensive than the WFT2. Although, both pieces of equipment cost $70, the Dead on case trimmer comes with a trim chamber of your choice, which the WFT2 does not. Additional trim chambers can be purchased for $20 each from Dustin. If you are in the market for a new case trimmer, don't hesitate to call or text Dustin for one of his.. You will be glad you did!

I am glad that I purchased the WFT2 from Brownells since I was able to take advantage of their 100% return policy guarantee! I sent the WFT2 back and I didn't even have to pay the shipping to do so!! This really worked out to be a WIN WIN situation!

Dustin's contact info:

Dead On!!! case trimmers

801-598-2224

Description:

Dead on case trimmers are one of the fastest most accurate trimmers on the market. They leave very little burr. Has a 1/2″ shank to go in a drill or a drill press and will over double your output over conventional trimmers with higher accuracy. It has a micrometer adjustment to easily get it set. The trimmer is $70.00 with one insert of the caliber of your choice. Each additional caliber is $20.00. Call or text is best.

Now for some photos!

Whats up with the immaculate bench??? You're making me look bad!!!

tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: C.JayWhats up with the immaculate bench??? You're making me look bad!!!

tt2.gif

No kidding, I've got CHIT everywhere on mine.

Originally Posted By: coleridgeOriginally Posted By: C.JayWhats up with the immaculate bench??? You're making me look bad!!!

tt2.gif

No kidding, I've got CHIT everywhere on mine.

Totally agree, the appalling lack of clutter on the bench is so distracting I couldn't read the post. It's so clean it's almost dirty.

Grouse

I had a clean bench like that once. For fifteen minutes.

That is a good looking piece of gear. If the attention to detail is any indication you made a wise choice.

Greg

Originally Posted By: ninehorsesFirst thing I noticed was the THREE Chargemasters!

First thing I noticed was that unnaturally clean drill and impact driver. I don't think I've ever seen a drill in active service that was that clean. I mean, not to be judgemental but that's just freaking weird.

Be honest Bob. Do you wash and wax that drill after every use? It's ok to say yes, we won't think you're a freak or anything. By that I mean we'll know you're a freak, we won't have to just think it.

Grouse

LOL... Those Dewalts are clean because they don't leave the reloading bench.. The older Dewalt 14.4V cordless I have is so beat up I would be embarrassed to show it..

Hey.. wait a minute, there it is!

Originally Posted By: venaticI assumed it was store display... it is isn't it?? None of it looks like its ever been used.

You should go buy Mr clean.

Your bench looks pretty kick butt.. Anyway you could share a full pic of it? I like my bench but always looking for new ideas.

Originally Posted By: 223PeteYour bench looks pretty kick butt.. Anyway you could share a full pic of it? I like my bench but always looking for new ideas.

Here ya go, I just ran down and snapped a few pics.... Please excuse the mess..

Originally Posted By: RiflemannI have to ask. Whats up with the 3 Chargemasters?

It really speeds up the powdering process when loading big batches of ammo. It just about gives you a steady pace of always dumping a pan of powder into a case.. ie. it eliminates down time of waiting for the machine to dump a charge. Although, I think 4 chargemasters running at the same time would most likely be optimal.

Originally Posted By: bryan hOriginally Posted By: venaticI assumed it was store display... it is isn't it?? None of it looks like its ever been used.

You should go buy Mr clean.

You stay away from them there store displays- you hear??? Thems for the wifes-NOT for you. They show them things to the wifes that way they will think that you will keep yours just like that. Nuh-uh it don't work ATTALL! NOT ATTALL! Man get his benches looking like that all his friends be thinking that him and Jim Neighbors just said their vows at a Jim's macadamia plantation on Maui. With Elton John was maid of honor for both of them. You sure don't want that even if Jim Neighbors really is a heck of a good cook. I don't want to eat nothing of his and I DANG sure don't what him eating nothing of mine either! I keep a .32 in my pocket for good measure.

No, a man's bench has to be messy. 8 to 10 inches deep with old cleaning patches and half empty primer boxes of all different sizes. Used cleaning patches scattered everywhere and paper towels with some kind of perhaps previously organic material incrusted all over it. Plastic drink cups with solidified something in the bottom of it. Found some "raisins" one time and after tasting a few I spend a few choking moments wondering when raisins ever tasted like that before I remembered that my 6 year old daughter had been out in my reloading room playing with her hamsters. And hamsters....are not....potty trained. I guess "post Purina" nugget is fairly tasty because I can assure you, that "pre Purina" pellet is not. Not in any way. But hey! I did not know what a "major hurl" was until that fateful night. Now, I promise you, I do.

Now, keep it keep it pretty messy for sure, but always, ALWAYS have room for an well dog-eared vintage Playboy to thumb through on occasion when you need a little break. Preferable one with Melanie Griffith in it back when she was a hottie delux. Sure don't want to see a current one of her because I already know about projectile vomit after all.

Always keeps a few loose primers that you cant identify but for some reason you cant make yourself throw them away because you just might use them someday. Sure.

One of these days I am going to rent me one them dumpsters and have it positioned right outside my garage door. Might take me a while to fill it up but if I start slowly and dig easy I just might find that Harley Knucklehead that I lost in here some years ago. I would like to find that but what I'm afraid that I will find will be my ex-wife Charmaine. Memory aint what it used to be but I was pretty sure that it was good way from the garage and the flowers are blooming good by the north fence.

Maybe I will start on it tomorrow. But it's late now and I'm tuckered out. See you boys in the morning.

Back