Who baits bears? PICS

Tikkamike

I want to see your bear pics...99 days till spring bear opens in my area. I cant wait. I have been baiting bears for what will be 3 years this year. Bother spring and fall seasons I lucked out and got a killer section here in Wyoming. it started out slow the first season but I ended up killing a bear with a 21.5" skull and ever sense it keeps getting better and better. infact so many bears that I can barely make it up there often enough to keep them fed. last fall they were eating 200 lbs of feed per week. But it is worth it I love it, sitting on the bait, betting trail cam pictures etc.. We have killed 5 bears off this single bait and have probably had 30-40 different bears come through. I know its not a lot compared to some of those guys up north but I thoroughly enjoy it. Here are a few of my pics...Kind of a cool note is every bear we have killed has had a white chest patch.
My buddy brian with his 2013 fall bear (first bear)

My dads 2013 spring color phase bear

My 2013 spring bear

My dad with his 2012 fall color phase bear

Me with my 2012 Spring color Phase bear (first bear)

And a few random trail cam pics

Last edited:
great pics Mike.
that chocolate looks like a giant.
w00t.gif

we don't get many bown ones here (maybe 10%).
its my wifes favorite thing to hunt. she shot # 18 this past year.
heres a few randoms.

Originally Posted By: borkongreat pics Mike.
that chocolate looks like a giant.
w00t.gif

we don't get many bown ones here (maybe 10%).
its my wifes favorite thing to hunt. she shot # 18 this past year.
heres a few randoms.

18 bears! wow. those are some pretty bears in the pics too. I have only had a handful of actual BLACK black bears on my site. color phase is a the norm. there is a blonde that I have been watching since I started. I think its a sow. I have passed her up a few times. She usually rubs out really early and she is a little young yet but someday id like to take her if I ever catch her with a prime coat after she grows up a little. We usually try not to take the sows but ill make an exception in her case...

The chocolate is a giant. It was my first bear and I had no idea what I was shooting all I knew was it was a bear. skull missed tying state record by 3/8" I never squared his hide but he was a little over 7' nose to tail. G&F aged him at 18.5 years of age.

Last edited:
Killcoyotes, looks like you have some good sized bears and pretty hair to boot! love that jet black look. I dont get a lot of BLACK black bears and they are my favorite. Very cool thanks for sharing! Anyone else?

What kinda brake do you have on your 375 RUM? I put a vialas quite brake on mine and it kicks worse with it. I'm going to have a KDF tapped to fit the current threads to replace it.

Dultimatpredator- I have metal lock boxes for my cameras, I have had a couple come snif it but so far they have never messed with my cameras. the brake on my 375 is a 7/8" CSR brake. The KDF should work a LOT better for you, the open side baffles give a much better surface area to push on to reduce recoil. Also make sure your bullet clearance in .020-.030 when they instal it.. meaning the hole for a 375 should be .395-.405 for maximum effectiveness

Originally Posted By: TikkamikeDultimatpredator- I have metal lock boxes for my cameras, I have had a couple come snif it but so far they have never messed with my cameras. the brake on my 375 is a 7/8" CSR brake. The KDF should work a LOT better for you, the open side baffles give a much better surface area to push on to reduce recoil. Also make sure your bullet clearance in .020-.030 when they instal it.. meaning the hole for a 375 should be .395-.405 for maximum effectiveness

Thanks for the info. I had mine with for my last black bear hunt loaded with 260g partitions. I switched off every day with my 300 RUM loaded with 200g partitions. My shooter happened to walk out the day I had the 300 so the 375 will be used next time solely. So far just 2 white tails with the beast. I wish nosler would bring back the 260g ballistic tip, those things looked like you through a grenade at varmints outta my 375
w00t.gif

Last edited:
Great pics everyone. I hope to harvest my first bear this Spring in NB Canada.

I have one hanging around my tree stand but need to figure out how to post the pics here. I almost got a shot at him with my bow last Fall but he turned 15 yards to soon. Would have given me an 18 yard broadside.

tikkamike, thanks. we have some good size black bears here in ny with some being taken in the high 600 lb range every year. pa., has some of the biggest bears with some going over the 850 lb mark the last few years.

Back