On a roll...3rd Yote in 3 weeks!!

S2H

Flying without my wingman this week, but it isn't stopping me from getting out to the "honey hole". Little bit of a late start, as I raced to beat the lightening of the sky. Made it in time to be set up about 15-20 minutes before legal shooting time. I decided to take the .204 today, since I haven't shot anything but targets with it. Got the barrel for the TC Pro Hunter when I decided I was gonna take this venture on.

Thought I may have gotten there too late, but as it starts getting light, I catch a large dawg making his way from my 11:00 to my 1:00. I check my phone to make sure it's legal to shoot...yup...one minute past legal time. He's moving, so I set the crosshairs a little ahead and wait for him to cross into them. Squeeze one off and it finds forward of the shoulder. Dog spins and begins to run and kiyi at the same time. I quickly load another in the rifle and get in the scope again. Stupid yote stopped...second round dropped him to the ground.

That's three in three weeks at this spot...they just keep coming. I stayed in position till 0700, and the wind began to howl, so I got up to retrieve my quarry. Big male and the buzzards were having their way with him for a while.

[img:center]http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/ssmili...?sort=3&o=0[/img]

thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: flyinlizard1 Good job, but from reading your post it seems like you shot the yote last week. NYS season closed on 3/30.

I didn't shoot him last week, I shot him 3 days ago. It's a shame that the season in NY closes so early...I only got to hunt them one time there. Here in CT you can hunt them 11 months out of the year. Closed for the month of turkey season...which is quickly approaching. I better get out there and knock a few more down...

Great job! Can I drive up there to CT and rub your head for good luck? Better yet, drive on down here to GA and bring it with you! We can hunt em 24-7, 365 down here, but I'm still trying to connect!! lol Seriously though, congrats!! Harper

Originally Posted By: Trying to get 'emGreat job! Can I drive up there to CT and rub your head for good luck? Better yet, drive on down here to GA and bring it with you! We can hunt em 24-7, 365 down here, but I'm still trying to connect!! lol Seriously though, congrats!! Harper

LOVE Georgia!! Spent some time there at Ft Benning. Love the smell of that base. Stay after em...I've been pretty lucky this year, for my first year.

Back