'You don't want to go there': Holder Tangles with GOP Rep at Hearing

hm1996

Staff member

Hmmm, looks like Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas hit a nerve, doesn't it?

Quote:'You don't want to go there': Holder tangles with GOP rep at hearing

Published April 08, 2014 • FoxNews.com

Attorney General Eric Holder got into a heated argument with a Republican congressman Tuesday over the still-pending contempt case against him.

Holder was testifying before the House Judiciary Committee when Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, began pressing him for documents in a separate investigation. Gohmert brought up an apparent sore spot, referencing the 2012 House vote finding Holder in contempt of Congress.

"I realize that contempt is not a big deal to our attorney general, but it is important that we have proper oversight," Gohmert said.

A visibly annoyed Holder said: "You don't want to go there, buddy." Leaning back in his chair, he added, "You don't want to go there, okay?"

"I don't want to go there?" Gohmert responded.

Holder went on to say that the congressman "should not assume that that is not a big deal to me."

"I think that it was inappropriate and it was unjust, but never think that was not a big deal to me. Don't ever think that," Holder said, pointing his finger.

Gohmert defended his line of inquiry, saying he's "just looking for evidence ... and there have been no indications that it was big deal because your department has still not been forthcoming in producing the documents that were the subject of contempt."

The exchange ended when Gohmert told Holder he didn't need "lectures" from the attorney general. Holder said the same back to Gohmert.

The attorney general, one of the longest-serving and most controversial members of the Obama Cabinet, often has tense encounters with Republicans during congressional hearings.

The GOP-led House voted in 2012 to hold him in contempt for failing to provide key information on Operation Fast and Furious.

That case is still being fought in the courts.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/...rep-at-hearing/

Regards,
hm

I got the duct tape, how we going to catch him? Do you think it has ever dawned on him that he won't be the AG forever. Looks like we are going to build a bigger, better jail here. I sure would like to see him running a weed eater along a crooked road.

If we can't do anything about the real crooks in DC maybe we should stop arresting crooks everywhere. I have got to find my copy of the constitution . I seem to remember that there are instructions to the people in there about what is expected of us if it ever got like it is.

They are already talking about throwing Lerner , the IRS fall gal in jail after they vote to find her in Contempt of Congress. I wonder how come they don't throw holder in jail, he was found in Contempt. They should arrest him, mug shoot him, throw him in a cell. If he could bail out and challenge it in court at least he'd be publicly humiliated. Maybe he'd disappear after that. I think that the records that he won't produce could possibly put both him and o in jail. I can only imagine the lawsuits from all of the damage that Fast and Furious did. They need to get holder in jail and then go to the second in command and see if he will turn over the records, if they still exist.

Last edited:
If they set bail in the proper amount, he could never bail out.

If they simply turned him over to the Mexican authorities, he could probably never bail out.

There's lots of ways to see to it that he never bails out, but you have to find someone with balls enough to put him in jail first!!

Originally Posted By: tnshootistWho would be the person that had legal authority to arrest the AG holder?

Surprise, surprise; he works for Holder!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3448331994001...v=3448331994001

Hoooray for Louie Ghomert!!!!
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

I have no proof on paper or otherwise that Holder is a crook. He looks like a crook,talks like a crook,acts like a crook,I wonder if he is a crook. How does a crook walk? If he shoots me with a Hellfire it will be the most expensive funeral this area has ever seen.

The Congressman hit a nerve, but since no charges have been filed, do they have the proof for the charges or are they fishing hoping to find the info to file the charges?

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherThe Congressman hit a nerve, but since no charges have been filed, do they have the proof for the charges or are they fishing hoping to find the info to file the charges?

Failing to provide the documents requested is proof.

Lying under oath is proof.

The Congressman hit a nerve because he was stating the truth.

Holder bowed up trying to scare him into backing off.

Sounds to me like Holder just threatened a member of Congress. I wonder what sort of laws there are protecting Congressmen from being threatened?

Between Lois Lerner and Eric Holder, someone in the Obama administration is getting pretty close to going to jail, and it'll be interesting to see what shakes out when they rattle that tree.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherThe Congressman hit a nerve, but since no charges have been filed, do they have the proof for the charges or are they fishing hoping to find the info to file the charges?

With thes administration's unprecedented stonewalling from the top down and the protection offered to the administration by Harry Reid, it is extremely difficult to impossible to make a case or enforce findings of contempt by the House.

It would seem that they are making some headway based on the AG's outburst yesterday. Now he has resorted to playing the race card. Could he be getting near the bottom of the barrel of tricks?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3452009876001...v=3452009876001

Regards,
hm

I and I am sure , I am not alone in getting to the boiling point with the Obama regime and all the lying, lawlessness, and outright treasonous actions being forced onto this nation by one of the closest things our country has ever had to being ran (ran over) by a self appointed dictator. And then there is the spineless house and senate for allowing this to happen to our country. They are allowing this one person to personally trample our constitution into the dirt, he and all his minions are breaking laws on a daily basis, and they continually go along without being held accountable by the elected officials we put into office to serve as the check and balance. I hope you all join with me this next election, and hold as many as possible accountable to us. Lets send a message, and if we can get enough of the right people in office after the elections, we can then expect the Obama regime to be held accountable. We really don't have a choice anymore people. We have to try an fix this through the election process or it is real scary to think where this will go if we can't. Just look at what is going on with the Nevada ranchers and the BLM trying to take their cattle and land from them. Tyranny at it's finest. This hole situation in our country with the Obama people trying to take this country into a dictatorship, will eventually have a boiling point if it doesn't get fixed soon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BigSkyDog Just look at what is going on with the Nevada ranchers and the BLM trying to take their cattle and land from them. Tyranny at it's finest. This hole situation in our country with the Obama people trying to take this country into a dictatorship

This is an issue that has been going on for more than 20 years. The rancher Bundy hasn't won any of the court cases. He has is currently over a million dollars in arrears on his lease payments. As a taxpayer, I would rather have his cattle impounded to pay some that debt he owes me and YOU, than let him continue to use BLM land for free.

Ya, cause it's super important for the BLM to get paid for the cows eating grass in the middle of no where.. If he is letting his cows wonder off his land and they are not where they should be, then he should have to keep an eye on them.. If they come up missing, or claimed by another rancher or person, and he didn't pay for the rights then he shouldn't have any recourse, and just leave it alone.
The BLM is trying to close the land off and won't let him have access to the land at all, it's a case of the BLM charging him for the land after the use and they don't want to allow him to use it because they want to close it to protect the desert turtle.

Again, if his family has been raising cattle there for more than 100 years.. It must not bother the turtles too much. It's the ploy of the Enviornmentalists to reduce the meat eaters.

I obviously side with the Rancher over the turtle loves.

People may be eating those turtles before long. I like turtles and try not to kill one, but I like a good steak also. When cows have that much room to roam they don't do a lot of damage that won't heal itself. Just look at all the family farms over this country that have gone back to nature. If people want to save something, why don't they quit building houses on farm land.

I haven't heard anything about how the cattle are hunting the turtles on that 600,000 acres of habitat. Do they step on them or something? Anyway you look at it I think the BLM is going way overboard in the way they are handling it. A local Sheriff could serve him with papers. If he didn't respond then he could be picked up at the Sheriff's discretion just about anywhere without a major confrontation being staged. I really don't like to think about how this ol boy is going to end up.

Back