Holder: We want to explore gun tracking bracelets

hm1996

Staff member

Watch out! There's that phrase again.

Quote: Holder: We want to explore gun tracking bracelets

By Elizabeth Harrington
• Published April 08, 2014 • Washington Free Beacon

Attorney General Eric Holder said gun tracking bracelets are something the Justice Department (DOJ) wants to "explore" as part of its gun control efforts.

When discussing gun violence prevention programs within the DOJ, Holder told a House appropriations subcommittee on Friday that his agency is looking into technological innovations.

"I think that one of the things that we learned when we were trying to get passed those common sense reforms last year, Vice President Biden and I had a meeting with a group of technology people and we talked about how guns can be made more safe," he said.

"By making them either through finger print identification, the gun talks to a bracelet or something that you might wear, how guns can be used only by the person who is lawfully in possession of the weapon."

"It's those kinds of things that I think we want to try to explore so that we can make sure that people have the ability to enjoy their Second Amendment rights, but at the same time decreasing the misuse of weapons that lead to the kinds of things that we see on a daily basis," Holder said.

The Justice Department has requested $382.1 million in increased spending for its fiscal year 2014 budget for "gun safety."

Included in the proposal is $2 million for "Gun Safety Technology" grants, which would award prizes for technologies that are "proven to be reliable and effective."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/08/holder-want-to-explore-gun-tracking-bracelets/

Regards,
hm

The Mid-terms elections this fall will be Huge ,,but sadly alot of gun owners will continue to help the gun grabbers out by not voting

The only time that I can envision that type of technology being of value would be when used in connection with LEO street weapons where the officer might be prone to being overpowered and his weapon used against him/her...Even then the bracelet would have to be keyed to operate on all department issued weapons, since in an emergency, they might have to be exchanged among officers..

Otherwise it appears to be an under the table to award a bunch of money to close friends..

This would also be convenient if the someone wanted to shut your weapon off without any type of due process. Why not develop some type of technology to render your weapon useless?!?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OldTurtleThe only time that I can envision that type of technology being of value would be when used in connection with LEO street weapons where the officer might be prone to being overpowered and his weapon used against him/her...Even then the bracelet would have to be keyed to operate on all department issued weapons, since in an emergency, they might have to be exchanged among officers..

Otherwise it appears to be an under the table to award a bunch of money to close friends..

^..I read that in there too OT.
As far as the High Tech goes, it is a far leap from the old tried and true BRAIN WASHING, through media broadcasting (news), that has proved to be effective on many a sheep.

Quote:This would also be convenient if the someone wanted to shut your weapon off without any type of due process...Really good point,,,,
thumbup1.gif

I do not want & will not buy a weapon that can be disabled by an externality.

I do not want & will not buy a weapon that can be located at will by anyone other than myself.

Last edited:
Car thieves seem to have no problems w/disabling OnStar at will; just how long do the powers that be believe it would take to do a labotomy on said "smart" guns?

Regards,
hm

I suggest they start exploring this by implementing it in all federal agencies that have weapons & see if that fixes any of their current problems. Right now, they can't even keep track of their own stuff, they don't need to get side tracked trying to keep up with ours.

"Right now, they can't even keep track of their own stuff, they don't need to get side tracked trying to keep up with ours."

Amen brother!

They need a chip that sends a shock down the spine of politicians when they lie. Holder could test it in front of congress. I bet more people would watch c-span just to watch them light up.

Back