1 in 9 vs 1 in 12 twist in .223

I have a cousin who has been killing deer for years with her 222 and 50 gr SP bullets. If you put holes in vital organs, the critter goes to sleep. There are tons of folks back home who kill with their woodchuck rifles on the regular. I know of a female who was recoil sensitive for a while...killed deer for her first few years with a 22 Hornet.

And these are all 'regular people', not folks who shoot all the time. A few shots at opertunity woodchuck, maybe a range session or two before the season...that's it.

Guys who shoot the 5 gallon pail at 50 yards are not 'regular people'. That's just some lazy folks who don't want to put any time or effort into their shooting.

I know a gal up in da U.P. who is not real fond of recoil. She has been killing deer with a 223 and 55gr soft points for 30+ years.

It is very hard to argue with real life results. I will readily admit, I feel better with a 70gr TSX than I do with a 55gr soft point. I trust the TSX from any angle and penetration is notably better....

Back