Gas blocks

dan158

Are they all created the same or why the vary in prices? I was looking at low profile so the tube goes over. I have noticed prices from 20$ up to 75$. Is it just name brand? I know lightweight and steel prices vary also. Just curious as to whats everyones prefrence is and why. This is for a low profile. Thanks. Dan

I prefer the low profile and I use PRI stainless steel most others are made out of steel and some the black phosphorus comes off stainless steel you don't have that issue and on a stainless barrel I think is stainless gas block is best

Last edited:
I just got my second Syrac adjustable gas block. The cheapest place I found them was JP Rifles. Not cheap, but, hard to beat.

Kevlars

My barrel uses .936 gas block. Question, I want a low profile so i can hide under the tube. But I also think an adjustable one would be the choice,maybe. Would it have to be adjusted before tube goes on if used a one piece tube? Or what are some other choices ideas? Thanks. Dan

Originally Posted By: dan158My barrel uses .936 gas block. Question, I want a low profile so i can hide under the tube. But I also think an adjustable one would be the choice,maybe. Would it have to be adjusted before tube goes on if used a one piece tube? Or what are some other choices ideas? Thanks. Dan

The easy way is to have a ventilated tube. I have five BTE's "hidden" away and it is no issue tuning them from the side.

If you have a less expensive solid tube you can window it. Not as aesthetic but I have some tubes that I got cheap and my guns are shooter snot safe queens so it wouldn't offend me to do that to one of the. In fact I have done it to one of them!! LOL

Greg

Last edited:
Wilson combat makes one you adjust on the end and they send a 10" Allen wrench with it so you can adjust it with free float tube on.

Can a .937 be used in place of a .936 or does it have to be .936? Also with vented I would think there would be a better chance of getting junk and gunk under it. But I wont be crawling thru mud with it,Might go that way with a lightweight tube though.

Originally Posted By: dan158Can a .937 be used in place of a .936 or does it have to be .936? Also with vented I would think there would be a better chance of getting junk and gunk under it. But I wont be crawling thru mud with it,Might go that way with a lightweight tube though.

I suspect you might get away with it but why bother. If you are buying one just order it. This is no fly by night build. Do it right and be proud.

I don't find my HG's full of mud etc. after a few days in the feild. I don't low crawl much though. but a bit of brake cleaner would handle any of that if I did.

Greg

Back