How Humidity Affects Thermal Imaging

UNV

The 2.5x video is taken on a cool dry night(although it did rain a little later that morning). The 5x video was taken on a night directly after a 4 hour rain. It was the kind of night everyone knows where its 90 degrees and it feels about like 110 degrees. Just wanted to post so people can see the difference in the images produced. Also, between the times that these two videos were captured there was a firmware upgrade which fixed an issue with aspect ratio. So, there is a slight difference in size(PAL vs NTSC). Even so, I think the point still gets across.

I would think that 5X would be a pain in the high humidity, what was the range on that kill (nice kill again BTW)?

Originally Posted By: SkyPupI would think that 5X would be a pain in the high humidity, what was the range on that kill (nice kill again BTW)?

About 60 yards. The 5x is THE most impressive unit I have seen to date. The long distance capability is light years ahead of anything else out there(on the civilian market). It really is something that you gotta see to believe. We sell a ton of them.

Nice, I used the FLIR RS64-60mm and it was too long range high power for the type of hunting that we do stalking in swamps and such, we are lucky to have a straight sight line of 30 yards most of the time and long range is 225 yards in a couple of places. Last time we were out and shot a sounder, two of the pigs ran between me and my buddy standing five feet beside me, need low mag and wide FOV!

Even when the rain, humidity and fog decrease the effectiveness of the thermals, still there is NOTHING else that will work at all, including a regular flashlight in those conditions, so thermal still gets the job done when everything else fails...

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisNice work Tyler!

PS - We need to get you a set of shooting sticks!! Heheheheheheheeeee

Keep the Videos coming!
Ha, yeah I have one of the 3 legged trigger sticks. Need to remember to take them to the field.

Just don't trip over them....ask me how I know...
blush.gif

Plus one for the sticks recommendation.

Cool video, I'm still a little dizzy though.Originally Posted By: Ultimate Night VisionOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisNice work Tyler!

PS - We need to get you a set of shooting sticks!! Heheheheheheheeeee

Keep the Videos coming!
Ha, yeah I have one of the 3 legged trigger sticks. Need to remember to take them to the field.

Back