Spikes Enhanced trigger help

d2admin

Administrator
In the past I have good look with these, but I finally got one that is a bit unruly. I put it my daughter's lower expecting the same consistent results, but it is good for 3 and then it consistently throws 2 fliers. It could be the first 3 or the middle 3 or the last 3. I swapped out lowers and she was shooting good groups of 5. I tried the lower on a good known upper, same results, other than the groups being smaller. When shooting a group of 5, most pulls are smooth and glass like, other's are excessively long, some are rough and short. I know it is the trigger, but it has me stumped. I've pulled and looked it over, but cannot see anything that stands out to me. I have this trigger in every lower I have, so I am not looking to replace them, we hunt with them and I like the heavier trigger pull, especially for the daughter and nephew. I have the adjustable trigger bolt and JP springs on order.

Has anyone sent a nickel boron trigger to Bill?

Thanks Darryle

Originally Posted By: carpsniperg2Maybe try to switch out the springs and see if that fixes the problem.

That is the first plan of action. I did dry fire it while sitting on the couch last night before work, the delrin hammer block is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Afterwards, I noticed it seems quite a bit smoother and consistent. I will know this week end when we hit the farm with the new steel I ordered.

I wouldn't send it to Bill with the NiB coating on it. If nothing else, give spikes a call and they should be able to help you out. I had the same trigger in my AR in the past, it's not bad for what it is. I did have some light primer strikes with the JP springs installed with it though.

I dry fired it a bunch more, trigger is night and day different. The light burned out on my bench mounted magnifying glass, I tried looking at it under good light with just me naked eye, I'm getting too old for that. I found several tutorials on polishing the AR trigger, then happened upon an archived post on AR15.com on the Spikes Enhanced trigger, the poster said he dry fired it about 1000 times and it went from 6lbs down to sub 5lbs. The others I have have all been sub 5lb triggers, this one started life at over 7lbs.

I will keep dry firing it until I head to the farm Saturday and see where I am on paper.

Back