PVS-4 Gen 3

Darknight

Do any of you have experience using a PVS-4 gen 3 scope? I'm wondering if they are auto-gated in case of accidental light exposure? How do you like the image of the gen 3 tube?

Wondering, do these have magnifications. Looks like a big ole hog.
scared.gif
should be built like a tank. And that front lens looks huge, should really let the light in. Usually in these circumstances bigger is always better!

I've never used a gen 3 but have plenty of time in on a gen 2 pvs-4. They are 3.5x mag I believe. With a good ir light they work great. Obviously not the gen3 performance but very usable. Robust!!!

Originally Posted By: DarknightDo any of you have experience using a PVS-4 gen 3 scope? I'm wondering if they are auto-gated in case of accidental light exposure? How do you like the image of the gen 3 tube?

The Catadioptric lens of the PVS-4 coupled with a Gen 3 tube = SUPERB performance and FOV with it's 25mm intensifier tube.

We have new re-conditioned units we're bringing to market in the next month. They will come with a Larue mount at a very good price point! Stay tuned.

Vic

I have one and it's gen 3. They are a little heavy but very tough. I like mine but they have one fairly serious drawback...the reticle is hard to see. As far as I am aware, there are two different reticles available and they are easy to change.
One is the M16 reticle which is like a little tiny T shaped thing that is very small. Couple that with an already hard to see system for the reticle and, well, I wasn't long getting rid of that. The other one is the crew served weapon reticle that is a big, full, "all the way across the field of view" crosshair with mill hash marks. It doesn't meet in the middle but gets close enough. Again, either reticle is a little hard to see and I very much prefer the lit red reticle of my ATN. The difficulty in seeing the reticle in these scopes is because they were never really designed or intended to be used with an IR enhancer. You can see the reticle fine without using IR but then you wont get the benefits form IR.
The other issue is easy enough to solve and that is the weirdo batteries the Army used. There is a little inexpensive adapter to use AA batteries that works fantastic.
Battery life on these scopes is phenomenal and for predator hunting you just need a IR source. I got into it before everyone and his brother was offering IR units so I am sure there are better more powerful devices out there but I use the ATN IR, it's reasonable and works perfect.

In our continuing effort to bring economical true US made night vision to the market, this unit with it's Catoptric lens and 25mm intensifier tube is as good as it gets!

We will be showing off the Gen 3 shortly.

TNVCsl_2359_zps58e613fa.jpg
[div]

The legendary PVS-4 Night Vision Weapon Sight is one of the most prolific night vision scopes ever made. Originally designed by Optic Electronic Corporation of Dallas in 1975, it was adopted by the U.S. Military in 1978 and served through 2008. That is an incredibly long time for a night vision device! The reason is that it is hard to beat, even by today’s standards. The PVS-4 utilizes a[span style='font-weight: bold;'] catadioptic lens system[/span] that gathers a tremendous amount of light. This provides incredibly clean and clear images, even in a Gen2 configuration. In fact, the Gen2 version looks almost as good as the Gen3 systems due to its lack of halo.

The PVS-4 can also serve as a Day/Night Sight. This is due to its innovative Day/Night Adapter[/span]. The adapter acts as a protective lens cover, but features a user-controllable aperture that allows the amount of light gathered to be regulated by the user. Three evenly-spaced holes are located around the periphery. As the dial on the front of the adapter is turned, different aperture sizes are lined up in front of the three holes. During daylight hours, the pinhole-sized apertures are used. At night, the apertures can be completely opened for use in semi-lit environments such as urban, or the adapter can be completely removed for use in total darkness. When the PVS-4 is used during the day, the image is still going to be green. While this may not be as ideal as using a standard dayscope, the ability to not have to change the scope between day and night is wonderful.

The TNV/PVS-4 is our version of this classic weapon sight. We start off with a completely refurbished and refinished original PVS-4 housing/optical system. There are no more PVS-4's being built, so anything available today is going to be "used.” However, these units are meticulously refurbished and upgraded. Parts are replaced and the entire system is just like new. The original systems were manufactured by Varo (Litton) We use new/unissued L3 MX-9644/UV Gen2 image intensifier tubes for the best possible resolution in their class. The reticle is fully adjustable for windage and elevation and features the standard M-16 pattern. This reticle features a range-estimator and a three-point cross hair[/span] that provides an aiming point for close range, 200m, and 400m.

The mounting interface on the TNV/PVS-4 has been upgraded from the original design. M1913 Picatinny Rail was not around in 1975, so the original PVS-4 was attached to weapons using proprietary brackets and mounts. Today’s modular weapon platforms feature much easier attachment methods. The TNV/PVS-4 has an excellent LaRue Tactical OEM LT100 quick detach moount. This incredibly solid mount allows users to add or remove the scope from standard M1913 rail without losing their zero.

Our TNV/PVS-4 also features an upgraded power supply. It runs off the ubiquitous CR123A 3-Volt Battery. This helps with commonality of batteries in the field since the majority of electronic devices use this power supply. It will also run off the old military button battery.

The TNV/PVS4 is a highly rugged day/night weapon sight. It is built like a tank and will stand up to plenty of abuse in the field. The incredible catadioptic lens system provides an incredible image when paired with its Gen2 tube. The lack of halo makes it especially effective in areas with light sources such as urban environments, while the large objective gathers enough light to make it very effective in complete darkness. The TNV/PVS-4 breathes new life into a classic system. This night vision weapon sight is perfect for hunters and professionals alike!

GET YOUR PVS-4 HERE. http://tnvc.com/shop/tnvpvs-4-gen2-weapon-sight/

PVS4_af_zpsc3a04e56.jpg

PVS4_ab_zps19520fbd.jpg

PVS4_tr_zps94d0d7e3.jpg

PVS4_lb_zpscdac6709.jpg

US_Navy_040130-N-0331L-008_Pfc_Justin_McLachlan_assigned_to_the_1st_Fleet_Anti-terrorism_Security_Team_FAST_6th_Platoon_scan_zps780b65dd.jpg

PVS4_k_zpsfff77a99.jpg

Last edited:
Back