Call swap?

Jimmie in Ky

Not a bad idea Tony. I for one would be interested in such a thing. It would give some of us new to the bussiness a chance to have our products looked over by others already in the bussiness.

I am about to take some of my work to an art show in the next few weeks. They will be for sale there as well as judged and shown. This show is about the folk arts that developed in the country such as call making and other wood working. It should be interesting.Jimmie

So what do you guys think? Should we have a swap?

Like on other boards, we could have all call builders who want to join, sign up. Pull names from a hat on who is sending a call to whom. Then post feedback, photos, etc... on a single swap thread. If the group is up to it, I'll volunteer as the admin person to keep track of mailing addresses, pulling names, etc...

We could do as one big group, or break into swap categories like: Closed Reeds, Open Reeds, Howlers.

If all else fails, we can do a Predator Call Build-off, like the Biker Build-off on TV. Everyone can build their Best of the Best, send them to me and I'll submit feedback and keep the calls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (just kidding)

Thoughts?

Tony

Tony. I'm in. If I am lucky maybe I could get a Cronk custom delux. If anyone is interested to see my calls go to AP and look under Hogsback Custom Calls. I would like to hear what you guys thought of my calls since I am new to this and havent got much feedback yet.

Well looks like ya started something. If you want to break it into categories, I will put in a distress and a howler. As far as open or closed reed, I'm not particular. But I think the distress and howlers could be kept separate due to the usual price difference. Just a thought.

Great idea Hogsback on the two categories. It looks like there may be enough interest, so I'll start up a new post, with a more descriptive name, for this to catch attention and start getting signups.

I'll put all you guys down already. You may want to reply to the new post, to start the thread of right and show who's "in".

I'll create the new thread in a few minutes.

Thanks...Tony

I've got the new post created. It's called:

Spring 2005 - Predator Masters Call Swap

Please visit it, instead of this post.

Thanks...Tony

Back