ADIOS Las Cruces...

Jeff Mock

***Below is a letter that we here at PREDATOR MASTERS received from the Las Cruces City Attornies Office.

The letter is copy of:

Resolution No. 14-131, which was passed by the Las Cruces City Council February 18, 2014.

"In summary, the resolution shows that the Governing Body of Las Cruces opposed the recently held Predator Masters Hunt and Convention and it's activities."

For those who enjoyed our conventions in Las Cruces, you can clearly see that the City of Las Cruces Governing Body clearly did not appreciate out presence in their city.

When I called and spoke with the City Attorney, HARRY S. (PETE) CONNELLY, he was quite rude and short with me when I asked exactly what this "resolution" actually meant. He went on to tell me that he didn't work for me and was under no obligation to answer any of my questions regarding the letter.

He then told me that if I wanted to know exatly what the letter meant, I should contact my OWN attorney and perhaps HE would explain it to me.

I let the good Mr. CONNELLY know that I fully realized, as did he, that this resolution meant absolutely NOTHING other than to communicate to Predator Masters how he and the Governing Board "felt" about our being there.

I also let him know that I was pretty sure that the hotels, the museum and quite a few business owners in and around the Las Cruces area were also going to be receiving copies of their heartfelt resolution.

The Predator Masters Hunt & Convention is in fact MOVING our of the Las Cruces area and back to Tucson Arizona for 2015 so Las Cruces is in absolutely no danger of receiving any financial in-flow from Predator Masters or their members.

I think copies, along with our regrets, should be sent to the motels, the local restaurant association (especially La Posta Restaurant), the Chamber of Commerce, and the local wildlife offices...All of which will be directly affected by the lack of our presence...

Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid! - JOHN WAYNE

That about says it. Good move, Jeff.
thumbup.gif

Sure looks like this came straight out of the PETA handbook. You shouldn't let them try and get away with this. There were no laws broken and everything is legal.

I actually made some calls on this back when the council passed that.

I talked to one of the key folks at Farm Bureau, that had a director on the Chamber of Commerce there in Las Cruces. I was assured that the council is only a reflection of spineless liberals that do nothing more than pitch what the small special interest group that protested the convention kept whining about.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. And nothing squeaks louder than a liberal with nothing better to do, or no job to go to.
wink.gif

Below you will find Chamber Directors and officers. Russell Allen is a Director and head of the chamber's Governmental Relations. That post was created to insure the interests of Las Cruces was served by backing the local candidates that would not harm economic development within the chamber area.

Quote:Directors

Russell Allen
Division Chair, Governmental Relations
Allen Theatres, Inc.

Savonne Griffin
Division Chair, Military & Aerospace
FirstLight Federal Credit Union

Matt Rush
Division Chair, Member Services & Events

New Mexico Farm & Livestock Bureau

Stella Shelley
Division Chair, Community Development
Shelley Eye Center

Richard Haas, Steve Newby Architects and Associates

Phillip Rivera, Memorial Medical Center

Janet Green, New Mexico State University

Marci Dickerson, Dickerson Group

Rick Jackson, American Document Services

Rick Nezzer, The Sisbarro Dealerships

Sabrina Martin, Rehabilitation Hospital of Southern New Mexico

The other directors listed here, are largely supportive as well. Notice that the Caterer is also on there... You HAD people there that agree with what you do. You HAD people there that hate the liberals and their lies as much as you do. The difference is that WE were not organized.
mad.gif

http://www.lascruces.org/board_of_directors.php

I was also told that the council passed the measure to shut up the liberal whiners even though they knew that PM members do not within their jurisdiction.

What bothers me most about all this, is that even though the liberals involved in this only numbered a fraction of a percentage of the people that supported PM being there, they are the ones that are ORGANIZED, and vocal enough to get propaganda passed and press about their misplaced operation to run stories at pretty much a statewide level.

If we are to retain our rights a hunting privileges ANYWHERE in the U.S., WE had better get organized as well. Soon!

Even though this measure was not backed by the people of Las Cruces, and certainly not the Chamber of Commerce, the liberal politicians spurred by a very small group of non-contributing, special interest propagandists, passed an ineffective piece of paper with no bite to it all. Shame on them. Shame on all of us for allowing it.

If any of us thinks that the battle ends here, we are wrong. It has just started. They will follow you to wherever you go. They will stay organized, and they will continue the whining until someone either listens, or gives them what they want to shut them up...

How many of you that hunt and shoot, and have kids or grandkids that you would love to pass that heritage on to, will even pick up the phone, or write a letter to the editor of newspapers to insure your voice is heard, and your rights and privileges are preserved, or that the public has a chance to hear OUR side of the story, without biased propaganda mixed in?

How many of you will get involved? How many will help with the organization of SOMETHING positive, such as a committee of well educated folks that lead the fight, and get OUR words out there?

I absolutely believe it is time to form a committee of professionals that already lay within our ranks, that will direct responses to the public, politicians, and the press, and educate as well as dispel the lies and propaganda of those that will certainly take your rights, if allowed to continue.

Perhaps it is time for Predator Masters to help lead that fight.... by putting together that committee to meet the sword of the enemy with weapons of our own?

Talk is cheap.

Better step up to the plate and stand for something you believe in. OR.... you can continue to be run out of whatever town holds enough liberals to get organized enough to effectively run you out... (Pretty soon, the choices of where we can even congregate will be pretty limited, if that continues. Don't you think?)

~Barry

Quote:If we are to retain our rights a hunting privileges ANYWHERE in the U.S., WE had better get organized as well. Soon!....Right On...Quote:If any of us thinks that the battle ends here, we are wrong. It has just started. They will follow you to wherever you go. They will stay organized, and they will continue the whining until someone either listens, or gives them what they want to shut them up......Again, if any of you have witnessed a spoiled little kid whining consistently at the parents until they give in, this is what is happening with the 'antis' as in this case...

If this is allowed to go unchallenged, I believe we will find the publicity among certain "Anti Groups" will follow to any future location...They do have a fairly tight network among themselves, not just on the internet, but they also get together at various locations on a regional basis to discuss strategy and this type of response (proclamation) just fuels their hopes...I've been privy to some of those meetings in other areas/subjects such as Waste Management and Nuclear Transportation subjects...

Barry, I wrote to each Coutny Commissioner when the county considered and then passed the same resolution. It did no good. They don't want to hear our side. It did tell me who to campaign against next election cycle though.

I have hard copies of this resolution that I plan to take around to places that hosted us while we were here. I'll let them know that their government no longer wants our money. They can do with that what they will. We will challenge this, at least retroactively.

Jeff et al........is there anyway to get this letter in PDF? Since having attended several PM events in Las Cruses, I get regular emails from the New Mexico Department of Fish and Game notifying me of upcoming events. I would like to take the time and send a copy of this letter to those on the email informing them of the efforts by Las Cruses. It may not do much, but this is one fight I can't sit on the sidelines and watch.

Kevin

The reason City Attorney, HARRY S. (PETE) CONNELLY was so rude to you Jeff, is that the resolution doesn't mean diddly squat and he knows it. He just didn't want to look like a fool by telling you that. Can you imagine how absurd-sounding the conversation would go?

Jeff: "So, Mr. City Attorney, HARRY S. (PETE) CONNELLY, what does this resolution mean exactly?"
Mr. City Attorney, HARRY S. (PETE) CONNELLY: "Well, Mr. Mock, it means exactly Jack and [beeep]."

The City Council has no legal standing to enforce (nor even comment upon) matters occurring outside the city limits. I have never attended the PM hunt (YET), but from what I gather, the only activities PM engages in within the city limits are lodging, eating, shopping, etc. As a matter of fact, should PM experience any economic damages as a result of this resolution, they would probably have legal standing to sue the City Council, as all of the activities enumerated in the resolution transpire outside the jurisdiction (& authority) of the City Council.

Last edited:
Gentlemen,
I have never hunted your hunt in NM becaue I'm from Pa. and I just can't afford the whole trip. I just hope you prevail in this fight. I would like to see a real coyote expolsion in the Las Cruces area in the next couple years and the coyotes start coming into the area eating some small liberal pets and liberal livestock. I bet they would invite you back real quick.
Good luck.

Originally Posted By: rockinbbarI actually made some calls on this back when the council passed that.

I talked to one of the key folks at Farm Bureau, that had a director on the Chamber of Commerce there in Las Cruces. I was assured that the council is only a reflection of spineless liberals that do nothing more than pitch what the small special interest group that protested the convention kept whining about.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. And nothing squeaks louder than a liberal with nothing better to do, or no job to go to.
wink.gif

Below you will find Chamber Directors and officers. Russell Allen is a Director and head of the chamber's Governmental Relations. That post was created to insure the interests of Las Cruces was served by backing the local candidates that would not harm economic development within the chamber area.

Quote:Directors

Russell Allen
Division Chair, Governmental Relations
Allen Theatres, Inc.

Savonne Griffin
Division Chair, Military & Aerospace
FirstLight Federal Credit Union

Matt Rush
Division Chair, Member Services & Events

New Mexico Farm & Livestock Bureau

Stella Shelley
Division Chair, Community Development
Shelley Eye Center

Richard Haas, Steve Newby Architects and Associates

Phillip Rivera, Memorial Medical Center

Janet Green, New Mexico State University

Marci Dickerson, Dickerson Group

Rick Jackson, American Document Services

Rick Nezzer, The Sisbarro Dealerships

Sabrina Martin, Rehabilitation Hospital of Southern New Mexico

The other directors listed here, are largely supportive as well. Notice that the Caterer is also on there... You HAD people there that agree with what you do. You HAD people there that hate the liberals and their lies as much as you do. The difference is that WE were not organized.
mad.gif

http://www.lascruces.org/board_of_directors.php

I was also told that the council passed the measure to shut up the liberal whiners even though they knew that PM members do not within their jurisdiction.

What bothers me most about all this, is that even though the liberals involved in this only numbered a fraction of a percentage of the people that supported PM being there, they are the ones that are ORGANIZED, and vocal enough to get propaganda passed and press about their misplaced operation to run stories at pretty much a statewide level.

If we are to retain our rights a hunting privileges ANYWHERE in the U.S., WE had better get organized as well. Soon!

Even though this measure was not backed by the people of Las Cruces, and certainly not the Chamber of Commerce, the liberal politicians spurred by a very small group of non-contributing, special interest propagandists, passed an ineffective piece of paper with no bite to it all. Shame on them. Shame on all of us for allowing it.

If any of us thinks that the battle ends here, we are wrong. It has just started. They will follow you to wherever you go. They will stay organized, and they will continue the whining until someone either listens, or gives them what they want to shut them up...

How many of you that hunt and shoot, and have kids or grandkids that you would love to pass that heritage on to, will even pick up the phone, or write a letter to the editor of newspapers to insure your voice is heard, and your rights and privileges are preserved, or that the public has a chance to hear OUR side of the story, without biased propaganda mixed in?

How many of you will get involved? How many will help with the organization of SOMETHING positive, such as a committee of well educated folks that lead the fight, and get OUR words out there?

I absolutely believe it is time to form a committee of professionals that already lay within our ranks, that will direct responses to the public, politicians, and the press, and educate as well as dispel the lies and propaganda of those that will certainly take your rights, if allowed to continue.

Perhaps it is time for Predator Masters to help lead that fight.... by putting together that committee to meet the sword of the enemy with weapons of our own?

Talk is cheap.

Better step up to the plate and stand for something you believe in. OR.... you can continue to be run out of whatever town holds enough liberals to get organized enough to effectively run you out... (Pretty soon, the choices of where we can even congregate will be pretty limited, if that continues. Don't you think?)

~Barry

yes, said very well. shoud of made a stand in las cruses. this will follow the hunt to tuscon.

Originally Posted By: peterjcI would like to see a real coyote expolsion in the Las Cruces area in the next couple years and the coyotes start coming into the area eating some small liberal pets and liberal livestock. I bet they would invite you back real quick.
Good luck.

You know the funny thing about that is?
The protesters papers they handed out claim by killing coyotes it makes the female coyotes have larger litters.
Sounds like hunting would be doing them a favor.

Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftOriginally Posted By: peterjcI would like to see a real coyote expolsion in the Las Cruces area in the next couple years and the coyotes start coming into the area eating some small liberal pets and liberal livestock. I bet they would invite you back real quick.
Good luck.

You know the funny thing about that is?
The protesters papers they handed out claim by killing coyotes it makes the female coyotes have larger litters.
Sounds like hunting would be doing them a favor.

That is a standard liberal quote that was taken out of context from the onset. Now all anti hunting groups use that very quote whether it applies to coyotes, wolves, deer, or whatever. Just more of their lies. Propaganda pure and simple.

It's getting out of hand. They are talking our game department into stopping our contest plus contest state wide. Were fighting it. Rick

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,148779.0.html

Man, I wish that I lived in New Mexico;

New Mexico
> Federal spending per capita net of income taxes: $12,399
> Total federal spending per capita: $13,578
> Federal income taxes per capita: $1,179

It's real easy to be a Liberal with all of that Federal Aid on your plate........

Hello everyone, my first post, but I wanted to register and apologize for our politicians in my town of Las Cruces. Anything that might offend the minority liberals down here is squashed. We have gotten in trouble for firing cannons at an old military fort that is a state park, because the neighbors who bought houses next to an army fort get offended. We have been told we can not fire salutes for veterans at the veterans memorial because it might offend the yuppies in the upscale housing development next to it.

Sadly the minority seems to be vocal down here. The majority of people probably supported or frankly didn't care about the hunt down here. While I never made a convention my father in law who is an active poster here has.

Anyways I apologize for the politicians down here, know that the people supported you and are sorry to see you going.

I sent the following message to the Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce:

Quote: Barry Stewart

In the past 5 years, revenues brought into the Las Cruces area from this convention exceeded a million dollars.
This event supported the Farm and Ranch Museum, and many, many area businesses.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...070#Post2662070

It is a disgrace that local politicians pass resolutions just to satisfy a very small, vocal special interest group.

Shame on the City Council, the County Commissioners, and the Chamber for allowing this persecution of people that support your community and businesses.

In contrast, I wonder how many dollars that small group of anti-hunters has brought into the community, or businesses?

Is this what we can expect from agriculturally based areas in New Mexico now?

~Barry

I will post any response.

As an Arizona resident, i like the idea of it coming to Tuscon.

I hate they did this and caved so easily.

I would suggest the concept of gathering funds in small ways from online contests, donations, and product sales percentages to support leaders in area's that support our efforts and rights to hunt.
Each of these clowns that signed this, along with the city lawyer have to run for office.
Use of funds, and work to support those that support our rights is how you stop this non-sense.
The 50 or so cry babies that I saw in the reporting, can easily be drown out if we funded and support calling efforts, and fliers and other things for good canidates.
If there is no one running in that town that support what we do.. Then it's time to move to a different city.
It's a great idea to let all the compainies you worked with and used know you won't be coming back, and why.

Before settleing on Tuscon, it may be a good idea to talk to some of the other surrounding towns about getting their support. Tuscon isn't exactly free of liberl non-sense either.

Last point// THere is usually a hint of what they are hanging their hat on. I read the complaint, and in there is a nuget of what they were hanging this on.. There was a statement of where they dead were left and were not even skinned. I understand they don't know why you would or wouldn't skin out a coyote. but I sounds like some people found a dead pile.. I would suggest finding a local rancher that will allow the use of their dead pile area for the dumping all dead coyotes going forward.

Back