IMPORTANT! Physician's Alert Card!...Print This!

I had a bad case of tularemia when I was 13, nearly took me away from here. I never skinned another rabbit without rubber gloves on.

Sad to see one item on the card - the effect that that has had is profound.

Plague - Had a vaccination in 1967 - for three days - it felt like very bone in my body had been nastily cracked, screaming sore throat, unreal headache, undeliverable sensitivity to light. So seeing that I looked around and sure enough our quarry Mr Coyote can give us that. My bottom line should I take out Mr. Coyote, he will lie where he dies. I am in this for the challenge nothing else. I am also not in it to remove every coyote from the planet, just the occasional encounter. The part for me that is meaningful is being out - watching nature and the interactions of all the creatures, and then the test can I fool such a smart guy?

Sweet, I better not let my mom see this! Haha. Can some one email me it I can't save it for some reason my email is christianvizcarra25@gmail.com

Many thanks to the OP, I think this is very useful. I've recreated the card and added Cryptosporidiosis and West Nile to the list. I did not add Echinococcus since it is already listed (Hydatid Disease = Echinococcus).

It's sized just a tad smaller than my Driver's license, 82mm x 52mm (3.23" x 2.05") when printed.

Three formats are provided:
[*]MS Word 2013 (Full editable if you have MS Word or Google Docs) [*]PDF[*]Image file[/list]
Link: Link to Physician Alert Card

Originally Posted By: boxelderhunt If my wife sees this she might actually let me go
w00t.gif

What a hoot, made my day
lol.gif

My brother hog hunts with dogs a lot and spends a lot of time in the brush. Got bad sick for a long time off and on. Turned out to be RMSF and Lyme disease. Had to argue with the doctors to get that tested. This card might have helped him out!

Here in southeast oklahoma I seldom take a coyote that does not have mange. if I am in an area where I can dig I bury them, but I never touch them with bare hands
I contracted rocky mountain spotted fever two consecutive years (2013-2014) but not from varmint hunting. first year was a tick bite while brush-hogging, second year was another bite while putting a fawn through a fence to return to its mother. the fawn was literally covered in ticks and i did not discover that bite until late in the day. still have recurring headaches, mild vertigo.

Definitely a good idea. This also applies if you travel routinely out of your area. For example, in my area, tick borne diseases are almost unheard of, but other problems (some of the fungal issues) are more common. Also if you routinely work with livestock in areas that aren't primarily agricultural areas. Doctors are trained to "look for horses not zebras when you hear hoofbeats..." Of course that doesn't apply if you live in Africa...

You probably don’t fully understand the situation.... that’s a riot thank you for the belly laugh I needed that today it’s zero here in Denver and for some reason I’m wishing I was out freezing my [beeep] off calling animals instead of making money driving trucks but I guess that’s why I am a predator hunter right?

Back