lets see your duck boats

This one has been work in progress since 1976, in 2000 I decked it over with the cargo hold up front, 2004 I entered it in the OR Waterfowl Fest. and took 1st in the Motorized Duck Boat Division. It started as a 1436 Alumacraft.

Lots of storage, a dozen goose floaters and five dozen duck decoys fit in the hold. There are 24 goose skinnies on the bottom if I need them.

A Marshrat that I traded a coyote rifle for and upgraded it with oarlocks and a transom, the little 3hp was too much motor and I'm running a weedeater motor on it now. Great for skinny water.

With the weedeater motor, it slides all the way into the van and I can still use the bunk and the table.

A kayak I sewed up a reversible cover for, there are loops for grass on the camo side and the cover reverses to white for snow conditions, a half dozen decoys fit behind the seat. I use this for places that are to far to get to with the rat, I have a wheeled cart for it(in the background).

With white side out, with white camo on I can pull alongside the bank and the ducks will nearly land on top of it.

I've been putting my duck hunting armada together for over 50 years and some double as my fishing and trapping boats also. Not seen but the big boat has post seat bases and a removeable transom and plug in for an electric trolling motor and doubles as a bass boat in the summer.

No pictures but have a power canoe with the 3hp on it to haul large quantities of decoys into remote blinds that the big boat can't get to.

Duck hunting and predator hunting are my passions, after the water freezes it's time to call predators, but I've been known to put a rifle in the boat and call from places that foot hunters can't get to while I'm duck hunting. We can't have a dog present while coyote hunting in this state so he gets locked in the cargo hold (it's bigger than his crate) while I do a quick stand behind the duck blind.

Last edited:
Man those are some sweet rigs. I especially like that little marshrat. Starting to save for one myself. 'bout the only place to find ducks in decent numbers close by is the river.

1542 Tracker with a 12hp Copperhead
11646390823_7db33854f4_c.jpg

Pretty nice little rig. At my elevation, an 18 or 23 Copperhead would have been better. Maybe I'll upgrade one day.

Got an old school Coleman Scanoe that's my "other" boat for right now, but I'm trying to sell it and another jon boat to fund another "other" boat
grin.gif
. I want to turn my "other" boat into something like a Hellbender or a 4 Rivers one day.

Last edited:

Here's mine, it's a Beavertail Otter Stealth 2000, with a 7hp longtail mud motor. 2nd picture is a short video

Did you build the long tail from a kit or is it a factory rig? I'm thinking about a 16hp long tail on my boat next summer and then if I like it building a dedicated long tail boat(long narrow and flat).

Its a PPF Wood duck mud motor. Thought about getting the kit but this was just easier. This boats only rated for a 2hp but it handles it pretty well but I am thinking about a 12ft jon boat here in the future

Last edited:
Back