Latest Fur Prices???

gene10pntr

Has anybody heard how the fur market has been lately? I think the NAFTA auctions are going on now??? I think that's who and how you spell it? You trapper's know what I mean...:)

My coyotes averaged $30 and that's not bad considering the collection ran everywhere from blonde whites, white, course grays, course browns and reds. Geez, it seems like I get every
colored coyote out there without any consistency. I can take a number of coyotes off a ridge that just aren't nice fur and a week later get one that is just as beautiful a coyote you'll
ever see. Compare that to the 70's when my coyotes pretty much ran the same color with the big rangy red/brown one thrown in once in awhile. I don't know if this is a consequence of the mange epidemic and it's a case of backfill from all areas? Or maybe it's always been this way and I'm hitting on normal?

Originally Posted By: phutch30Just sold my coyotes yesterday for $75 average Top $100 but a bunch at $90. Had 4 that went for $40 that hurt the average.

you got some very good $$ for you yotes. must of been very good hides an d you did a good job putting them up. good going

nice prices phutch, I know a guy thats moving to ne MT, 9 miles from Canada, he says calling pressure is high there. I got 20$ for a big ugly red coyote, almost as red as a fox. 50$ for 10 best ones

Yea that area used to be mint! but all the oil field guys are hitting it and with the overall increase in popularity in the sport its getting well used. still pretty easy to kill a coyote over there most times though.

One must remember the FHA sale only sold #1 select goods. Those prices are in line with what had been paid on select goods all season.

M70swift, do you trap your yotes or call them and shoot them? My biggest goal this year is to cage trap a yote. Ya, a lot of guys are laughing, but he who laughs last laughs loudest.

Originally Posted By: Traveling TrapperM70swift, do you trap your yotes or call them and shoot them? My biggest goal this year is to cage trap a yote. Ya, a lot of guys are laughing, but he who laughs last laughs loudest.
it is rare but not unheard of. coyotes get caught in cages every year.

I call exclusively. I use to trap and it was a lot of fun. Do your coyotes run a consistent color? Or is it a melting pot of
reds, browns, grays and whites?

I hope you cage trap some nice coyotes!

Back