Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#2610281 - 01/10/14 06:29 PM Coyotes, how long before i can hunt the same area after a miss
WvDalt Offline

Loc: West Virginia
The farm i hunt is small, about 100 total acres. I am the only one hunting on it that i know of. I just got a foxpro and on my 2nd time out i called in a coyote after about 10 mins. It poped out of the brush about 20 feet away on my right. I was turning to get a shot and it started to jog away. Being my first hunt i got excited and fired, i missed. i could have waited for a better shot but what can you do about it now. I was using the lightning jack call and thats the only one i used on that stand. So heres my question, how long before i can go back and hunt the same farm.? I have read alot about call education and it has me worried i messed up that spot.! lol thanks.!

#2610374 - 01/10/14 08:00 PM Re: Coyotes, how long before i can hunt the same area after a miss [Re: WvDalt]
doggin coyotes Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: WvDalt
I just got a foxpro

You and 50,000 other guys. And there's nothing wrong with that. hehe

#2610435 - 01/10/14 08:59 PM Re: Coyotes, how long before i can hunt the same area after a miss [Re: doggin coyotes]
Kevin2 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: michigan
I called in a yote, missed 4 shots, and he wasn't even running fast! I was back a couple weeks later & he showed up to the same stand. Got him that time, as this time I brought a rifle with a scope & didn't miss.

I've called in critters at other stands, and have nothing show the rest of the season. Who knows if they were smartened up OR if they just weren't around, maybe even killed by another hunter. Hard to say.

Savage 10 XP Predator Hunter Package Snow

#2610459 - 01/10/14 09:23 PM Re: Coyotes, how long before i can hunt the same area after a miss [Re: WvDalt]
Powerstroke99 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Iowa Park TX
My guess is there are a lot more coyotes that travel that property than just the one you missed, so I don't think you messed up that stand with just one miss.

#2610461 - 01/10/14 09:25 PM Re: Coyotes, how long before i can hunt the same area after a miss [Re: WvDalt]
WvDalt Offline

Thanks thats encouraging.! and were you using the same type of call when he came back in, or did you switch it up.? i hope that happens, the one i missed sure was a nice lookin one,, i saw him pretty close up lol

#2610474 - 01/10/14 09:33 PM Re: Coyotes, how long before i can hunt the same area after a miss [Re: WvDalt]
WvDalt Offline

powerstroke99 yeah there are multiple sets of tracks all over the property, just hope he didnt run and tell all his buddies haha thanks

#2658457 - 03/19/14 10:55 AM Re: Coyotes, how long before i can hunt the same area after a miss [Re: WvDalt]
Willey coyody Offline

Loc: Minnesota coyote country
I just called in three coyotes yesterday ! Didn't have a clear shot on them and then they went undetected off in the brush and never saw them again! Idk if they smelt me or just didn't buy the ecaller and decoy but I wanna go back today ! Ya think that's a bad idea ?

#2658577 - 03/19/14 02:12 PM Re: Coyotes, how long before i can hunt the same area after a miss [Re: WvDalt]
newrookie Offline
Predator Master

Loc: usa
missed coyotes the other morning and went back a few days later and seen 9 in same field I missed and killed a few with my hunting partner

#2658723 - 03/19/14 07:14 PM Re: Coyotes, how long before i can hunt the same area after a miss [Re: Powerstroke99]
BUXH8ME Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Washington State
Originally Posted By: Powerstroke99
My guess is there are a lot more coyotes that travel that property than just the one you missed, so I don't think you messed up that stand with just one miss.

Yep. You might try a different time of day, use a different sound just in case, but there are most likely transient coyotes around.

#2658766 - 03/19/14 08:25 PM Re: Coyotes, how long before i can hunt the same area after a miss [Re: WvDalt]
Countrystrong Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Roswell, NM
I've called in coyotes that I or a client has missed the very next day with a different sound and a little different angle in the same area.

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.