Coyotes, how long before i can hunt the same area after a miss

WvDalt

The farm i hunt is small, about 100 total acres. I am the only one hunting on it that i know of. I just got a foxpro and on my 2nd time out i called in a coyote after about 10 mins. It poped out of the brush about 20 feet away on my right. I was turning to get a shot and it started to jog away. Being my first hunt i got excited and fired, i missed. i could have waited for a better shot but what can you do about it now. I was using the lightning jack call and thats the only one i used on that stand. So heres my question, how long before i can go back and hunt the same farm.? I have read alot about call education and it has me worried i messed up that spot.! lol thanks.!

I called in a yote, missed 4 shots, and he wasn't even running fast! I was back a couple weeks later & he showed up to the same stand. Got him that time, as this time I brought a rifle with a scope & didn't miss.

I've called in critters at other stands, and have nothing show the rest of the season. Who knows if they were smartened up OR if they just weren't around, maybe even killed by another hunter. Hard to say.

My guess is there are a lot more coyotes that travel that property than just the one you missed, so I don't think you messed up that stand with just one miss.

Thanks thats encouraging.! and were you using the same type of call when he came back in, or did you switch it up.? i hope that happens, the one i missed sure was a nice lookin one,, i saw him pretty close up lol

powerstroke99 yeah there are multiple sets of tracks all over the property, just hope he didnt run and tell all his buddies haha thanks

I just called in three coyotes yesterday ! Didn't have a clear shot on them and then they went undetected off in the brush and never saw them again! Idk if they smelt me or just didn't buy the ecaller and decoy but I wanna go back today ! Ya think that's a bad idea ?

missed coyotes the other morning and went back a few days later and seen 9 in same field I missed and killed a few with my hunting partner

Originally Posted By: Powerstroke99My guess is there are a lot more coyotes that travel that property than just the one you missed, so I don't think you messed up that stand with just one miss.

Yep. You might try a different time of day, use a different sound just in case, but there are most likely transient coyotes around.

Back