Budget NV rat elimination!

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCGotta love this DIY NV rat killin'! Good stuff and I just love his spotter! Vic

Hey Vic.....

This may be the ultimate ratting rig. FLIR T70 on an Air Force Talon SS .22 PCP air rifle.

iQOSdeU.jpg

Last edited:

Vic, that certainly does look like a lot of fun. There's a variety of home-made options to consider.

I'm like mysticalflight, I'm glad we don't have rat populations like that, but the shooting would be fun.

Home-made night vision has been catching on quite a bit recently. I have had a barrel of fun putting together one for myself and using it on a .17 Remington. It works well for shooting over a bait site (where legal), and it can be used out and about but requires a little more attention to focus the lens for various distances. The good part is - It's cheap, and it works.

Here's some examples of my home-made outfit.

Here's some through-the-scope videos. Click the photos to see the videos.

The illuminator used with the gray fox is the LLTL-001 at 60 yards. Both videos
show a daytime scope setting of 6x.

I used an Eagle Tac T100C2 3.4 watt illuminator on the red fox at 60 yards.

Rat%20Tenderloin.jpg

Grilled Rats Bordeaux Style (Entrecote à la bordelaise):

Alcoholic rats inhabiting wine cellars are skinned and eviscerated, brushed with a thick sauce of olive oil and crushed shallots, and grilled over a fire of broken wine barrels.

Washed down with your choice of vodka ... from the bottle or a shot glass.

Skypup. I assume you are speaking from experience with Grilled Rats Bordeaux.

I would think a good shot of vodka would come first to facilitate the bite going down better, and then followed up by another shot, or maybe two.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Skypup. I assume you are speaking from experience with Grilled Rats Bordeaux.

I would think a good shot of vodka would come first to facilitate the bite going down better, and then followed up by another shot, or maybe two.

Haha, down the hatch!!
crazy.gif

When I was in China many street food vendors offered roasted rat on a stick, looked like a ChiliDog but with legs. You could smell all the rats simmering in the woks on the propane burners on the streets.

Also, in the opern air food markets, the food handlers always carried a 2"X4" with them to take a swipe at rats running in and out of the food isles.

Here is an actual rat meat only specialty restaurant in Guanzhou:

20111123-Asia%20obscure%20rats%20restaurant.jpg

Back