how to find supplies of 22lr ammo before they hit the shelves.

Tbone-AZ

Since we are all spread out accross the country and this could be relevant to all..
While I was in line at Cabela's, I over heard someone talking about the abilty to get in or on WalMarts systems and see when and where products are being delivered.
This guy was talking how he just watches the shipments and then shows up when they recieve it.

Is there anyone that is familular with Walmart or that system that would care to share how this is done.
I plan to do some searching and figure out how it's done.. But with the shear number of members here, i just thought that there may be someone here that would know how this is done.

Sounds like a smoke screen to me. The guy at the ammo counter will probably tell anybody who asks, so he spreads this rumor to discourage them from asking.

This is what I have found so far.

It's how to get the Walmart system to tell you where they have the item you are looking for in stock within 50 miles.

Last edited:
My question is: Who is actually buying from these Early Bird's thereby enabling them to continue to wipe out every ammo shipment?

There is no way all this .22 ammo being swiped up is actually being legitimately used by these people doing it.

My neighbors wife works for Walmart. I just ask her to keep me a couple boxes or buy them an I'll pay her. She had the ammo guy hold two bricks and her husband picked them up for me. I donated them to the azgf office here local for a youth shoot. I don't even own a 22 LR anymore. I wish I could fine some 22 mag. I've got 300 left but like to keep 4
5-600

You cant track walmart shipments out of the store.
Every wallysworld gets their ammo after 6pm and that's well known.
6pm is when the grabbers are already there.
Its the same for sportmans warehouse, they get it in late Sunday and stock it for Monday, same group of grabbers there also.

Originally Posted By: 5spdYou cant track walmart shipments out of the store.
Every wallysworld gets their ammo after 6pm and that's well known.
6pm is when the grabbers are already there.
Its the same for sportmans warehouse, they get it in late Sunday and stock it for Monday, same group of grabbers there also.

In my neck of the woods, they get the ammo in the evening and it goes to a lock box in the back. It's put on the shelf the following day by the Sporting Goods Manager sometime between 7am and 4pm...they're only getting .22 about every other week too. You have to guess when and be there within 20 minutes of it hitting the shelf. They're only getting 20 or so boxes at a time and they have a limit if three. It's hard to hit it right and it only happens every couple months.

I have heard of people buying rimfire by the pallet, shrink wrapped, at auction then selling it out piece meal for big$$$$$$ I would like to know where to buy it in pallet form. Then we could group buy here on the forum and split cost. Would be a win win, if in fact pallet purchase is still possible?????????

Originally Posted By: esmithMy question is: Who is actually buying from these Early Bird's thereby enabling them to continue to wipe out every ammo shipment?

There is no way all this .22 ammo being swiped up is actually being legitimately used by these people doing it.

There is ammo often for sale on Backpage.com it's kust like Craigs list, but puts guns, and ammo sellers and buyers together. People are paying it, so i can't really blame them for doing it. If I had a 30 round magazine for an AR that I bought for $20 and someone was willing to pay me $100 for it, I wouldn't sell it for $50, I would sell it for $100, or what ever someone was willing and able to pay, that would make me want the money more than the item.

Originally Posted By: SmokelessI have heard of people buying rimfire by the pallet, shrink wrapped, at auction then selling it out piece meal for big$$$$$$ I would like to know where to buy it in pallet form. Then we could group buy here on the forum and split cost. Would be a win win, if in fact pallet purchase is still possible?????????

Now that is a great idea, minor issues, but i like the thinking. Just don't know where you would find a pallet when you can't get a box.

Tbone-AZ said:
This is what I have found so far.

It's how to get the Walmart system to tell you where they have the item you are looking for in stock within 50 miles.

[/quote

Walmart caught on and now you can't check for bullets on line anymore. It now says varies per store

Last edited:
Back