Shockwave Camo Paint Job

I am in the process of painting my Shockwave in a digital camoflauge pattern right now. Will post pics when finished.

What are you using to camoflauge your Shockwave in the field? Please post pics if you have them.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

My SHockWAve sits on top of the bag I carry it in with a cut piece of camo netting covering it. Works great with the FoxJack3 sticking out the top.

I may possible paint mine when the warranty runs out.

I really don't see a reason to paint it yet, I added reflective tape to the back side of it so when I go to look for it at night I can find it easier and also when I sit down and fire up the NV scope I can tell exactly how far away it is. I always count the steps back to where I am sitting and tell my partner the call is 50 yards.

Kinda helps the depth perception.

CoyoteClyde

It's a range bag made by ALLEN Co_Originally Posted By: coyoteclydeYote Yoda USMC What kind of bag to you use to carry your shockwave in?

I have mine in an Avery Finisher blind bag. The Shockwave fits PERFECT. Of has extra pockets for mouth calls and other small gear.

Well guys here's the finished product. Took about 4 days to complete. Used Krylon Fusion Camo paint.
Hopefully it will help give me a little bit more of an edge! Let me know what you think.

2014-03-17140950_zpsb0f99119.jpg

2014-03-17140928_zps663d54ca.jpg

Last edited:
Trust me, if I can do it, anybody can. It's not that hard. Just requires some patience. I used blue 3m paint tape to mask everything off. Then used an exacto knife (highly recommend) to trim it out. Bought the stencil sheet off of eBay. Then applied base coat, then stencil pieces, let dry for 12 hours and then repeat until I had applied all of the colors I wanted to use. Finished it off with some matter clear for protection. Simple really.

Thanks for the replies and compliments. I definitely think it was worth it but only field time will tell!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 17wsm 'yote toasteLooks SWEET!! Nice job, worth the time and effort? Anyone considering using a vinyl product such as scope wrap by mossy oak?

http://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/gun-kits/scope-kit-mossy-oakr-camo-skin-wrap.html

I'm doubtful that I have the talent necessary for the paint job to turn out as well as yote perisher's.

I bought some Real Tree vinyl I found at Walmart and put on calls in the past. It doesn't look near as good as his paint job because you have to try to piece it all together, but it gets the job done. I found it in the sporting goods department. I think it's supposed to be used as shelf liner. It comes in about a 2'x10' roll for about $10.

For you guys who want to do the spray paint thing, try to locate a product called "Bowflage" and find some stencils with a pattern you like (Usually found around hobby stores and some fabric shops) and have it. Bowflage allows you to take the paint off with a clear product if you don't like the way it turns out.

Thanks Yote Yoda. Glad they finally put them on the website. I called FoxPro before I purchased my Shockwave and they told me it would be a 1.5 to 2 month additional wait time if I got a camo version.

I also called the company in Missouri that FoxPro subs out to do the camo work on their calls and they said I would have to send the disassembled panels from the Shockwave to them and it would be $125 for the Skull Camo.

So I decided to get mine from APC so that I could select the sounds I wanted and just decided to go ahead and paint it myself. Took a little more work but I finally got the Shockwave like I like it now!

Last edited:
Back